My Immortal

{Warning: contains self harm and some graphic and sad stuff.}

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears

Maka sat on her bed letting the tears flow. Soul had been on another date, this time with a girl he insisted he loved. Maka's heart knew he wasn't really in love, it never was love.

"Maybe it'd be better if i was dead." Maka said out loud. By now everyone had noticed that Maka was depressed. Her hair was never tamed and she defiantly had bags under her eyes. Maka's eyes were sparkling with tears, fresh. She stayed in her room all the time and would barely eat. Soul is probably the only one who hasn't noticed. "I mean, the one I actually care about," she choked on a sob, "doesn't seem to care."

And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave

"Soul!" Maka bounced out of her room, leaving all the sadness behind her. "You're home!" She exclaimed. The emerald eyed miester happiness jerked in her stomach as Soul stumbled into the living room, bottle in hand. Hie aroma let a disgusting smell reeked of alcohol and his body swayed to the side.

"You know," Soul slurred, "I think I'm gonna marry er." Maka watched as her partner stumbled around the room, her heart shattered. Why? That was the real question. She let a tear escape before wiping the useless tear be forgotten.

"Soul, you can't get married-"

"Quiet!" Soul screamed. Maka stepped back, reaching out to him was no good in this state. Soul stumbled to the couch and flopped his squirming body down. Her eyes rested on the bloody eyed weapon who looked out the window, a distant look that reflected the moonlight. Maka played with her hands before slipping into the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator door and walked back to her partner. Soul always complained about being hungry when he was sober, so if he ate now he won't be hungry later. Soul's logic was different however. He believed that if he ate now he'll throw it up later. Maka let her hand fall so the salad was in front of his face. His ruby eyes scanned the croutons and veggies before smacking the appetizer to the floor. Salad pieces went all over the carpet and the plastic container made a crunching sound.

"I'm no vegetarian you know!" Soul guzzled the drink again before getting up. Maka had had enough of this. She stepped in front of Soul, arms crossed, and starred him down. His clothes stunk of cheap perfume, probably from a stripper, and his hair ruffled to the side, caressed by some slut. Maka hated to see him like this but if he was going to keep being an asshole she had to stop him. This has been going on for years, ever since he became a death scythe.

"That was rude, Soul Evans. I worked hard on-" Soul brought his hand to make contact with Maka's face. Her cheek grew red as the slap came across her face. Maka brought a hand to her face to feel it begin to swell. Soul gave her a cold glare before turning to the kitchen to find something not "vegetarian"  Maka steamed as she realized her own partner hit her, her weapon hit her. The miester was in charge so what makes Soul think he can hit his miester, or even a girl. Maka stormed into the kitchen, a huge tic mark above her forehead.

"I've had enough of this!" Her yelling got Soul's attention, "You come home almost every night now, drunk off your ass. You bring home random girls when you think its love. Worst of all you expect me to clean up after you! Well i'm done." Maka let out a puff of air, her feelings finally heard. She felt a lump form in her stomach when Soul seemed to take in the situation for the first time since he got home. He let a look of sadness dwell in the air before replacing it with anger. His angry side always scared Maka, he would never hurt Maka but when he was in his angry mode anything can happen. He even hit her a few minutes ago, and for what? A salad, who knows what he could do for her yelling at him. Maka's bravely started to unravel when he took a step closer. She braced herself for another slap. He twitched when he realized she was scared.