You Act So Different Around Me

Soul wandered into the living room, his keys already in hand. Maka was relaxing on the couch, a book in hand, like always. She turned to Soul who was dressed in a collared shirt and nice dress pants.

"Where are you going all fancied up?" She asked. Soul gave her a smirk and stuck his nose in the air.

"It's a surprise." He said cockily. Maka twisted in her seat as Soul headed for the door.

"Alright have fun~" She sang. Maka waited patiently as Soul slowly exited. When the coast was clear she flung herself off the couch. She stumbled into Soul's room as she slid across the floor in her socks. When she came to a stop she searched the wall for her answer. There it was, a calendar. She lifted the pages to see the current month. She scanned for the 3rd of October. When she found the 3rd it had a big circle, inside the circle was the name Lucy.

"Lucy? Who's Lucy? Is she in our school? Is it a date?" Maka questioned the wall. She gasped a little at the last question. Was she in Soul's math class? No, maybe English. Maka shrugged it off, he would have told her if it was a date. Then again, he said it was a surprise.

Maka climbed on the couch again and thought about Soul the whole night. The only thing she wanted to know is if it was a date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka was shook awake by Soul hours later.

"Oi! If you sleep on the couch you'll catch a cold." Soul said as he leaned back. Maka blinked a few times before her sight was fully restored. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Maka stretched and pulled her arm over her head. Soul eyed her before walking off to his room.

"Hey, Soul." She called after him. He let out a hum and turned towards her. Soul scratched his head and leaned against the wall. "Uh, do you, do you have a girl you like?" Maka spat out the question. She didn't want to but she would have gone insane if she didn't tell him soon. After the words left her mouth she knew she shouldn't have said them. Soul stood there, expressionless, and watched Maka fidget in her seat. She knew she messed up.

"Uh, never mind," she waved her hands in defense, "it's nothing, I was just-"

"Yeah, I do." He chuckled lightly. He leaned back on the wall, staring at the ceiling. "She's quite amazing. Her taste in music, could be better." He chuckled to himself again. Maka leaned over the couch, intrigued.

"And?" She questioned.

"Eager, are we?" Soul smirked at Maka. Maka slumped back down on the couch.

"I see." She let her head fall. Damn her for letting her emotions show like this. Maka picked up her head to reassure Soul. "She must be a wonderful girl." She gave him a fake smile as he shrugged and headed towards his room. When he finally left the now sadden room, Maka let herself tear up. She admitted to herself a long time ago, she was in love with Soul. Ironic, right? The nerdy girl falls for the 'cool' guy. But it was true, every word. She loved Soul from the moment they agreed to be partners. Her feeling haven't changed, even after years.

Maka picked up her sulked body and headed to her abode. She really needed rest, after that little scene. There was still the fear he would leave, heck she had that feeling everyday. Soul was a death scythe, he didn't need her. Period.

Maka flopped on her bed and wiped her eyes with the pillow. How was she going to deal with Soul having a girlfriend? As odd as it sounds, Soul hasn't had a girlfriend yet, maybe even his first kiss.

Maka rested her eyes. Maybe, just maybe, this was all a bad dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka awoke to the smell of bacon drifting in the air. Was Soul cooking? He never cooked unless it was her birthday or she was sick.