Field Day

Maka finished tying the band around her head. Today the DWMA was holding the first field day for the partners. You would be teamed up with another pair who would switch off during events. There were all different kind of events; capture the flag, accuracy games, and just plain field day events. Maka looked at her reflection. She was wearing her normal school outfit with her pigtails high. She had a ribbon tied around her forehead with a red mark on the side.{picture} The mark symbolized she was on the red team. Even though you would be paired with only one other group you still had a whole team relying on you.

Soul walked into the bathroom with his ribbon tied around his head in the place where his headband would normally be. He picked up his toothbrush and ran the faucet. He started to brush his pointy teeth, staring lazy at Maka's reflection. She was so oblivious to his staring, she was to busy fixing the ribbon. Maka didn't know if she liked it better in the front or back.

"Here." Soul let the toothbrush hang from his mouth and put Maka's ends of the ribbon to the side. "Looks better that way." He tried to say without spitting everywhere. Soul went back to brushing his teeth, leaving a blushing Maka to finish getting ready.

Maka finally grabbed her bag and Soul's shoulder. She dragged her weapon out the door. The miester was excited for field day. Days before, Maka had ranted on about how she was finally going to show her skills in the events. After all, the prize for the winning team was a whole week off of school. Normally, Maka hated taking off school but if she won she would use that time to read and study for the upcoming test.

Soul revived his motorcycle to life then gesturing to Maka to get on. She causally wrapped her arms around her weapon. The demon scythe turned a small bit red when she rested her head between his shoulder blades. The ride was unusually quiet. Soul focused on driving while Maka just relaxed against him.

When the partners finally arrived they walked in holding hands. Soul almost died from hyperventilating when they saw a clown throwing a sign around saying 'Field Day that way!' {I'm making it where Soul is afraid of clowns so it cute af}

"You better now?" Maka let go of his hand.

"Why the hell would a clown be here?"

"How should I know?" The pair walked out the back and tried to find the red team. Tsubaki and Black*Star were on the blue team and Kid, Liz, and Patty were on the green team. Maka and Soul were paired up with Kim and Jackie, so uncool to be surrounded by giggling girls. Soul looked out for Star as Kim and Jackie talked to Maka. He found him near an oak tree, sleeping on Tsubaki's lap. Soul looked past them and found Liz and Kid going at each other again. She always had to pick fights with him....

"Hey, you ready? The first event is going to start soon." Maka chirped at Soul. He smirked and nodded.

"It's going to be so cool. We're gonna win this." He gave Maka a high five. "So what's the first event?"

"Oh, its that stupid one. The dummy one where you have to defeat the sand-filled dummy." Soul knew how Maka hated those. They were so easy and he knew his miester, she loved to challenge herself. As the two chatted and reviewed strategies for events, Soul had a devious idea. He had to wait till the perfect moment though.

"Alright, everyone go to the arena! There's food and water waiting for you when you finish so let's get started!" Sounded Death's cheerful voice.

"You ready, Maka?" Soul smirked at the determined girl.

"Yeah! Now, change into a scythe."

"Ok, but first-" He grabbed her hand and spun her before embracing her in a warm hug. "-we're gonna make a bet." Maka flared up as her weapon leaned closer to her ear. "If we win, we get to celebrate by going out," his voice dropped an octave, "just the two of us." Maka let out a squeak when he let her go. Soul fell on the floor laughing at his tomato faced miester.

"N-Not funny." She turned on her heel before stomping away.

"Hey," Soul grabbed Maka's wrist and turned her around, "look, i'm sorry," he tried to say without bursting out laughing again. She crossed her arms and waited for his excuse. "but for real, I wanna hang out if we win or not." He gave her a real smile rather than a smirk. Her expression softened as she too had an idea.

"It's alright, Soul. But you should change into a scythe, its about to start." Soul obligated and transformed, landing in Maka's gloved hands. She spun him around for affect and held him close to her face.

"You ready?"

"Oh yeah! We're gonna be the coolest team out there." Chanted Soul.

"But first," She pulled Soul's blade close to her face, where his reflection stayed. "I gotta have my good luck kiss."

"Y-Your what?" Soul's reflection turned red to match the blade's color. Maka leaned in and kissed Soul's reflection. She pulled back after a few seconds and held him close. "I'm ready." She said dreamily. Soul's reflection disappeared causing Maka to giggle. She started off towards the arena, smiling like an idiot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y-You ready?" Soul stuttered. This was so uncool. The red team won, woo hoo...Soul now had to take Maka out for dinner.

"Alright! We won!" Maka screamed. She leaped into her weapon's arms while he spun her around. The scene was a little overreacted but Soul and Maka both enjoyed the moment. "So, where do you want to go for our 'dinner date?'" Maka was teasing him, she pulled back and smiled at him sweetly and innocently.

"A-Are you serious? I was just kidding-" He stopped when he saw Maka's face drop.

"Oh, so you don't want to go out with me?" She pretended to wipe her eyes, her bangs covering her face. Now she was just messing with him but he should have known that.

"N-No we can go! Just stop crying."

"Alright, Soul!" She snapped her head up and kissed him on the cheek. She skipped off with Liz and Patty, leaving a very embarrassed weapon. 

Black*Star came up behind the confused weapon. "Whoa, your super red, dude."

"I think I just got played."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!" Soul heard Maka shout from the bathroom. Girls take forever to get ready...The partners both decided that since it was a 'date' they would go to someplace fancy. Soul always wanted to go out with Maka but this just feels like he's getting messed with.

Maka emerged from the bathroom five minutes later wearing an elegant, pink dress that went mid-thigh, it had waves at the bottom. The dress had spaghetti straps and had a flower on the right side. Her hair was up in pigtails with red ribbons. In Soul's opinion, she was hot. She smoothed out  her dress, "How do I look?"

"You look great." Soul tried to keep his cool. Maka giggled, "Shall we go?" He stuck his elbow out to her. She gladly laced her arm in his and headed to the restaurant.

Maka and Soul both decided, Field Day is my favorite day of the year.