Staring

Soul and Maka stomped up the long staircase to DWMA. Soul glanced at his partner who seemed to be in deep thought. He studied her face that reflected her thinking mind. Maka sluggishly walked into their school with her hands behind her back, letting her boots clatter against the hall floors

"Hey, Maka?" Soul asked. Maka didn't turn her head, still looking forwards as she thought more about her troubling problem."Maka!" Soul shouted grasping her mind.

"Are you ok? You seemed deep In thought." He stared at her abashed face as they continued to Doctor Steins class. Maka's mind drifted to her and Soul constantly. That's all she could think about. She couldn't deny she didn't have feelings for him, she's always liked him. Recently she found out from Tsubaki she might love her partner. She had shrugged it off thinking about how ridiculous Tsubaki sounded saying Maka had fallen in love. Since the Maka couldn't last a conversation without Soul smirking his dazzling smile that showed of his pointed teeth which caused Maka to blush like crazy.

"Yeah I'm totally fine." She quickly lied. Her feet stumbled against each other as the pair entered Stein's class. Soul trudged over to his seat while Maka plopped down next to him. She took out a book which normally distracted her thoughts from Soul.

There was a tap on the blondes right shoulder, she turned around to see Liz smirking at her. "You've got an admirer~" she sang, her voice high. Maka chuckled slightly at this, the friends conversation was over heard by a now attentive weapon.

"And that would be?" Maka questioned her friend, playing along. Maka didn't really care about anyone liking her. She only had feelings for Soul and she thought Liz knew that, almost the whole school knew about.

Before Liz could answer a knife flew through the air and nicked the wood right behind Maka. Maka turned to see Stein begin his lecture and act as cool as possible as if he didn't just try to kill his student.

How could she be so chill about this? Soul asked himself during the lecture. Any guy would be lucky to have her. Can she not see that? Soul tensed as he realized how dense she really was.Can she not see..my feelings..for her? Dammit!This is so uncool. Why does the smartest girl in school have to be so dense?

Maka hands scribbled along the paper as she tried to concentrate on the lecture Stein was giving. The bell sounded over the intercom, signaling the end of the day. Maka put away her notes in one swift movement and headed out the door with Soul tailing her.

"So, Maka~" Liz sang from behind her.

"What is it Liz?" Maka asked annoyed. She was tired from today's lecture, all she wanted to do was go home and snuggle on the couch, a book in hand.

"You have an admirer~" she sang again, ignoring the miester's foul mood.

"Yeah, yeah I know." The blonde replied. There was a grunt and some loud footsteps echoing towards her. Maka didn't know what happened, one minute she was walking down the corridor for the exit the next she was pushed against a wall, her hands held above her head.

"S-Soul?" Maka stuttered as her weapon leaned in close to her face. He caged her body against the school wall, trapping her exits.

"How could you not notice?" Soul asked-said in a husky voice. "How could you not care?" He grips his partners wrists tighter in frustration. Soul hadn't understood why Maka hasn't left him yet, who wouldn't? Sure, he is fairy attractive but he's still the shark-toothed albino that had nothing better to do then tag along with his miester everywhere she went.

"W-What?" That's all that could escape Maka's mouth. Her eyes darted from her partner to the hallway. Liz had disappeared leaving Maka with a sickening feeling. Her normal antics to a problem like this would be beat the shit out of the attacker. The factors with the problem is there was no one around in the empty hallway and it was Soul-her best friend and partner.

"How could you not care if you have an admirer?! Do you know how many guys ask me if your single?He yelled at her, his voice fortified anger that coursed through his body.

"Me having an admirer is none of your business! Besides I like someone else so your friends can mind their own damn business" Her confidence shriveled up in a ball and couldn't look her weapon in face, his eyes would pull her in and she'd give into him. "But like I s-said t-that's none of your business."

"How is that not my business?" He gripped her wrists even tighter. "I'm your partner." The jade eyes flashed sadness as the weapon spoke. Maka knew Soul only protected her because he had to. {lies! XD} She let her bangs cascade a showdown over her eyes so he couldn't see the tears staring to form.

"Maka..." He lifted her chin so their eyes could meet. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." His mood changed so quickly it was scary.

"No, no it's ok." She sniffles and put a fake smile on letting the tears run free. "I'm," another sniffle, "totally fine." Soul was taken aback. He made her cry...not cool.

"Maka, please stop crying." She let a low sob escape her lips and wiped her eyes. The halls echoed her sniffles as she tried to subdue them.

"Soul." She started. "I-I know this is sudden but I...I like you. I've always liked you but I couldn't tell you because you only protect me because I'm your partner. You only put up with me because I'm your partner. And I'm sorry if this ruins our friendship but I really needed to say it because I've held it in for so long." She stopped and looked at the ground. She couldn't hold it in anymore, she had to say it, at least after Soul's little dramatic scene. Soul, on the other hand, was trying to act cool and not jump up and down doing a victory dance. Without thinking he picks up Maka and throws her over his shoulder.

"S-Soul?" She asked surprised. Trying to turn to see his facial expression, it was kind of hard since her head was faced the other direction.

"Maka we're going home." He stated. Did he reject her? Did he not want to answer? She questioned herself the whole walk home since Soul didn't ride his bike today. It was a long and humiliating walk for Maka, all she could think about was what was going to happen when they get home. Would he leave her? When the pair reached the apartment Soul put down Maka gently. His eyes scanned hers, hers still brimmed with tears. Before Soul could think or say anything he slammed his body against hers as he pulled her into a heated kiss. The miester was startled at first but melted into the kiss and entangled her fingers in his white hair. It was almost everything Maka could ever imagine. her first kiss was with Soul. She had always dreamed of her first kiss being with him but not as rough.They pulled apart and put their foreheads together, their breathes mixing.

"I like you too." He stated, his crimson eyes burning into hers.

"You know you could have told me in the hallway. I thought you rejected me."

He chuckled. "But then I couldn't have done that." He referred to the kiss.

Maka giggled slightly. He pulled her into another kiss, his fingers wandering some places. Soul eventually made it to her butt and squeezed slightly his perverted side getting the better of him. To Soul's surprise he wasn't Maka-chopped instead he was greeted with a lust filled look from his miesters eyes.

"Or that." He breathed as they pulled apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You think it worked?" Patti asked her sister, she giggled slightly as her sister put an expression on as to say 'well duh.'

"Oh yeah. He was staring at her the whole day. How could she not notice?" Her sister shrugged going back to her paper machete giraffe.

"So what did they do when you gave them a little 'push'" Patti asked not really interested in Maka and Soul's current status.

"Oh." Liz smirked. "They might not come to school tomorrow."