P A R E N T S

Parents in Wattpad books:

The Non-Existent Ones:

They never show up in the book. Ever. The MC (usually a younger teen) is left to their own devices throughout the story.  

The Travelling Ones:

They're the ones who leave their daughter at an old friend's house. Mind you, their daughter has never once heard of/seen this old friend. Oh, and the old friend usually has a son the same age as the daughter. 

The Meredith Grey's Mother Ones:

Meredith Grey's mother was a surgeon who didn't get to spend much time with her family. This is the case for these parents. They show up in the book, but only for about 5 seconds to tell their child that they will not be in town for 3 months. Therefore, their child usually throws a party which spirals out of control... and you know the rest. (No shade to Grey's Anatomy, of course. Ellis Grey's story is completely different).

The Adoptive Ones #1:

They absolutely love their adopted child and try to provide as much as they can. 

The Adoptive Ones #2:

They have strong feelings for their adopted child. Or at least, the adopted child seems to think so and ends up running away. 

The "You Don't Understand Me" Ones:

We all know that a lot of people have feelings of angst throughout their teenage years. However, these characters are over the top which leads us to their parents.  Their parents can be the most doting people on Earth but the child still argues with them (certainly, there are times where the anger is founded but a lot of the times these arguments just... happen while they're gardening or something).

The Abusive Ones:

These parents are absolutely horrible to their children. I really wonder why CPS hasn't gotten involved with them yet especially since the effects of the abuse on the children is quite obvious and nobody notices until the MC starts dating a celebrity and the celebrity notices the bruises and... so on.

The ... Ones:

Watch out for the flying chappal/chancla/flip-flops or the dreaded belt. Also, their children have a total of three career options-- doctor, engineer, or lawyer.

-----------------------------

If you can think of any others, feel free to tell me in the comments. This is not meant to be offensive in any way, shape, or form but if it offends you, feel free to PM me. I just meant to point out a few parent personalities that I feel are common in Wattpad books.