T E X T T A L K

You know that time when you're happily reading a book and something like 'BFFFL' comes along. What does that even mean? Like, wouldn't it just be easier to say 'Best friends for life'? Because, I, the reader, don't like to use text talk and I certainly have no idea what half of these things mean. 

I understand certain things like;

BFF

OMG

LOL

ROFL

But I honestly don't understand any more, and it's getting really bothersome as well. 

Oh, and when the author says 'sorry for the mistakes' at the beginning of every chapter. I understand, I really do, but then it becomes this:

OK, so my BFFL called me on my phone but I couldn reach in time b/c I don't run fast.  Then I picked it up and I started texting w/ her b/c I don't like talking w/ her on the phone n she responded w/ a text.

OMG 2DAY IS 2MORROW!

U JUST NOTICED? 

I textd bak.

And then she txtd and said Shawn, her bf is inlove w/ her.

1) Inlove is actually two words. In & love. 

2) Didn't your middle school English teacher ever tell you to not put short cuts (w/, b/c) into writing? That's for notes, for NOTES!

At the end of the story it has:

a) I'm only 12 years old, I can't write as well as older people.

I understand that, but I know someone who's 12 and has a couple of published books already... your age is not an excuse. Oh, and I was under the impression that Wattpad is for people over the age of 13?

b) My parents say that I'm a good writer.

Well, they are your parents... are they supposed to say that your story is horrible?