W H A T D O Y O U M E A N ?

When you want a critique 

but you shake your head no

what do you mean?

Seriously, what in the world do you mean? Because I went through all that trouble to critique your stuff and you even [might] have followed me and now you want me to delete my comment and you want to un-follow me? nu-uh. Girl, that isn't how it works. 

Today I decided to wander around the genres of Wattpad and check out what's hot and all that crap, but most of the what's hot books are just badly written story things with appealing covers and summaries written by other people. 

So here is what I found:

Action: Nerds and models in disguise, mafia bosses treating girls like property, love, and teenagers. After you scroll down past the first 100 (excluding a few like 'Mad As A Hatter'), you finally start seeing covers without half naked girls on them. 

Adventure: Millions of dollars, running away, love, and teenagers. Yet this genre is quite better in the top 100 compared to action, there is mention of villains and superheroes and pirates. 

ChickLit: sex, drugs, love, and teenagers. But then again, the genre is about dating, drama, and disasters. 

Fanfiction: Harry Styles, 1D, best friends, girls named Kylie, teenagers, and love. I'm not even going to say anything right now. Nope. 

Fantasy: Finally, not that many teenagers and... and forbidden love. It's love... but at least it's forbidden. Plus, they had a lot about different magical realms and different mythical creatures which is a-w-e-s-o-m-e and barely any covers with people in the half-nude.

Historical Fiction: one of my favorite genres! Which... is unfortunately run-over with love stories. 

Horror: Another of my favorite genres over-run by cliche horror and Harry Styles.

Humor: good girl + bad boy, mafia boss + random lady, players and playing against them. Something tells me humor isn't always supposed to do with love...

Mystery/Thriller: Stockholm syndrome, falling in love with abusers, and detectives. At least there was a little mystery involved :D

Non-Fiction: Diaries and the like. Overall, not a bad place to go to find something nice. 

Paranormal: #1 on this list? 'Bad Boy With Wings'. I'm seriously losing my faith in people on Wattpad.

Romance: Billionaires, bad boys, teenagers, love, drugs. I'm just... not a fan of this genre. 

Science Fiction: teenagers, being pets of aliens or cyborgs or something of the like, and love. BUT WHERE DID THE TIME MACHINES GO?

Spiritual: Basically just a bunch of Muslim romance stories. Spiritual, yes.

Teen Fiction: teenagers and unprotected it. Haven't your parents warned you?

Vampire: Bad boys, teenagers, love, and lust. 

Werewolf: Innocent people, young mates, alphas (do omegas and betas not exist?), and kings. Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot! Shy little mute mates and teenagers becoming queens and also, love.

Two topics seem to be found in each of these genres- teens and love. Because suddenly love is so much more important than school and things like that. If I had ever focused on anything other than my studies as a teen (okay, I'm exaggerating a bit), I'd probably get grounded or something. (Except my parents didn't believe in grounding so you can just imagine what might have happened...)

Oh, and I was reading this one book where the girl is oh so religious yet parties every day and returns home drunk. 

And she doesn't even go to Church and uses her 'religious-ness' as an excuse to get out of doing other things.

For example: "Oh, Olivia! Would you mind helping us out with the crates on Saturday morning?'

"I'm sorry Mrs. Watson, but I have to go to Church for the youth group."

Mrs. Watson smiles, "it's nice to see young people taking an interest in religion for once."

Saturday morning:

*ditches so-called youth group to go to a party with boyfriend*

Oh, AND I FOUND SOMETHING COMPARABLE TO THE KID IN THE DONALD TRUMP COSTUME.

First, there was this little girl (probably around age 8 or 9) who said [word for word]:

"mommy! I want double D boobies when I'm older!"

 And yes, I am not making this up. I kind of half-ran half-walked away from there because there were plenty of onlookers and the mother had gotten all red in the face. But she probably should have gotten all embarrassed earlier, her own shirt wasn't big enough to conceal her own assets.

Then, there were a bunch of little girls, each sporting their very own messy buns, ankle boots, those printed leggings, and over-sized sweatshirts holding Starbucks. And they were all about five or six. There were also a bunch of teenage girls decked in similar outfits following them. 

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS WORLD?!?!

Well, for starters, I guess we don't need jeans anymore because everyone seems to be wearing LEGGINGS. 

And then what the heck are we teaching our children?

Double Ds and Starbucks.

Wonderful.

They'll all turn out like the Kylie's [Kiley? Kylee?] of Wattpad. 

OH, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU LOVELY READERS! (I'm not even sure why you're reading my aimless rants, but... thank you. And I really mean it.)

What would you guys like to see this year? (In this book)

Send me your suggestions! 

Even lists of random things that tick you off is fine :D