I D O N ' T K N O W W H A T I ' M D O I N G

I feel obligated to remind everyone that I can actually write...

sorta?

Not after writing the horrible parodies contained in this book (I'm not even sure if it is a book).

So...

I just have a huge rant on this certain topic, and I know I've mentioned it before, but I feel like I need to mention it again.

THE DEPICTION OF MENTAL ILLNESS IN WATTPAD BOOKS.

 I really dislike the way mental illness is portrayed in a lot of Wattpad books- and once it's depicted correctly- the comments are all "That's not right!" because everyone has gotten used to false depictions.  It's so horrible because not only does it incorrectly show the struggle of having that certain mental illness, it changes the way people see things and confuses readers...

An example would be of an eating disorder- it's a MENTAL disorder. Someone suffering from the disorder needs to convince their mind to eat more/less- they can't just physically be like "I'm not gonna eat anymore, guys." 

THAT'S AN INCORRECT DEPICTION. 

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS.

AND WHEN SOMETHING LIKE CUTTING POPS UP, IT'S SO INCORRECT- THEY ROMANTICIZE EVERYTHING SO THAT WHOEVER IS SELF-HARMING IS CURED WITH A KISS.

AND WHEN SOMEONE ACTUALLY CORRECTLY DEPICTS SELF HARMING, EVERY COMMENT IS "BUT THAT'S NOT RIGHT, PRINCE CHARMING IS SUPPOSED TO KISS HER AND THEN SHE'S SUPPOSED TO STOP CUTTING." 

Every single time I see a comment like that, I want to face palm.

*face-palm*

*face-palm*

*face-palm*

Also, when someone doesn't put a trigger warning in their book- because certain things can be triggering- even if it may not seem that way to you. I wish Wattpad would have something that automatically put a trigger warning if the book has something to do with 'x' or 'y'.

I ALSO DON'T GET THE IDEA WITH USING BLOODY WRISTS AS COVERS.

I SUSPECT IT COULD BE TRIGGERING FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE.

Okay, so that wasn't a huge rant but please do forgive my outburst- I'm sorry. 

-----------------------------------------

Author of the week (or two weeks or whatever): angelusanimi27

Book of the week: Puppet Boy