Chapter 4

I walked into my room and fell on the bed, it was 10 o'clock so I decided to go to bed early and try to get a decent nights sleep which I highly doubt is going to happen! I fall asleep with one thing on my mind... Derek Hale. I toss and turn in my bed, I keep seeing my parent's lifeless bodies lying in the car their faces all bloodied and bits on glass impaling their foreheads. Then I see them the pair of Bright Red Eyes staring me in the face. I wake with a start I'm screaming and holding the duvet covers as if they were a teddy bear. Then the door bursts open and it's my uncle and Stiles. My uncle runs to my bed and tries to bring me back to reality while Stiles runs and puts on the lights. I fight against my uncle's grip but finally start to calm down. I look to my uncle

"I'm sorry for waking you... It was just a nightmare"

"Mackenzie you don't need to apologise for it now are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine I promise."

He doesn't look convinced.

"Honestly I'm fine. You should go back to bed. I'm sure they'll need you at the station tomorrow."

"Okay Mackenzie but you need to tell me about these nightmares"

I shudder, I'd rather not relive the memories again.

"Okay but I'm fine now I promise."

My uncle hugs me and kisses my forehead (He's the closest thing I've got to a father and he's always filled that role) he then walks out the door. Stiles doesn't move he just stands there and stares at me.

"Hello? Earth to Stiles? You there?"

He snaps out of his stare realising he's making me uncomfortable. He walks over to my bed and sits down next to me just as I'm fixing my bed sheets.

"Kenzie I'm worried about you. And so is my dad. I think you should go see a councillor or something."

I sigh. Of course he would say that. Ever since I've been waking up having nightmares people instantly think I'm crazy or slowly going insane and that I should go see a councillor.

"Look Stiles I've heard that from everyone, everyone whose heard my screams during my nightmares or the things I say in my sleep. They all think I'm crazy!"

"I don't think you're crazy, Kenzie. I just think that if you did go to see a councillor then it'd make me and my dad feel better and we wouldn't have to worry about you so much. If you want I can talk to my guidance councillor."

"Fine but if it doesn't work then you're getting it."

He hugs me and then I realise that he actually does care. He walks out of the room but before he leaves he turns around.

"Love you cuz!"

"Love you too Stilinski!" I say back.

I decide to go out and try to clear my head. I quickly wrote a note to my uncle saying I'm going out and not to worry about me. Just so he doesn't send out every deputy he has to look for me. I open my window and climb out of it and land on the ground then I take off running. I keep running until I come across a tree which is both tall and out of the way. I want to sit up there and not be disturbed until I can gather my thoughts on the Alpha and Derek. I climb the tree until I reach a branch that is really high up and thick enough to hold my weight. Once I find one I sit on it and admire the view. I've always had a thing for heights. When I'm up high it makes me forget about the world down below me. It's when I'm up high I can actually think straight. I look over the town of Beacon Hills and I can see the sun rising it's a nice sight. The purple of the sky and the Orange of the sun makes it look somehow peaceful. But I know far too well to think that the town of Beacon Hills is peaceful after the fact that Scott got bitten by a Werewolf while in the woods trying to find the other half of Laura Hale's body with my idiot of a cousin Stiles. Beacon Hills will never be a normal town. Just a strange town, with strange happenings.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey loves!

So this story will go over the 4 Seasons. I'm not gonna do Season 5 because well. Derek isn't in it so there would be no point since Mackenzie and Derek are in most scenes together. 😀

Please leave comments to how you like my story so far.

Comment, Vote, Share

~ Megan 💞