Chapter 30

"So the Walcotts were the first that we know about. Four murders: Sean, his brother and their parents. They were killed by an assassin called the 'The Mute'. Weapon of choice: a military Tomahawk. 'The Mute' was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine" Stiles starts. 

"Next was Demarco. He delivered the keg to Lydia's party at the Lake house and got decapitated outside of his car. And then last night 23 year old Carrie Hudson." Stiles finishes. 

He, Scott and I are talking to the Sheriff about all of this in his office. 

"It's a dead pool" Scott states. 

"It's a hit list of all the supernatural creatures" I say to my confused uncle. 

Scott unravels a sheet of paper with a list and shows it to the Sheriff. 

"This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded" I say. 

"Who found this list?" My Uncle asks, 

"Lydia" Stiles answers. 

"How?" 

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it without realising it" 

"Banshee?" 

"Banshee." 

"Beautiful... What are these numbers next to the names?" My uncle questions. 

"We're getting to that. But first, you need to know that the code was broken using a cipher key." I state. 

"Like a key word?" my uncle asks me, 

"It was actually a name" Stiles says. 

"Allison" Scott says. 

There's a pause then I state, 

"Her name broke a third of the list." 

"We think there's another two cipher keys." Scott says. 

"Which will give you the rest of the names" Sheriff realises. 

We all nod. 

"Okay. How do we get the cipher keys?" 

"The same way we got the code" Stiles says. 

"Lydia" 

"She's been at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two key words." I state. 

The Sheriff begins to look throughout the pictures and asks, 

"You didn't know about Demarco and Carrie... What about these other two names on the list? Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They're Werewolves too?" 

"I don't know" Scott says. 

"Deaton said the Nemeton would draw other supernatural creatures here." I finish. 

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? Beacon Hills is just under 30,000." 

"And dropping" Stiles comments causing the Sheriff and I to give him a look. 

"If we're talking Beacon County then you're taking closer to 500,000. How many Werewolves, Banshees, Kitsunes, and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what happens if the next cipher key doesn't uncover 12 names but 100?" My Uncle finishes taking a seat. 

"We don't think there's gonna be that many. There's a limit." I say. 

"Because of the numbers." Scott says,