Chapter 23

I walk to the old abandoned distillery with Jennifer and Derek behind me, I still don't know why I agreed to this!

I see Scott and Deucalion standing there. Deucalion and Scott stare at me, Deucalion glows his eyes and gestures me to do the same. I glow my eyes and I see Scott's jaw drop. 

"A True Alpha." 

I see Deucalion run at Derek, I step in front of him and roar making Deucalion step back 

"You're Powerful. I can sense it" 

Derek's my Beta now he's my responsibility. Deucalion runs at me I shift and knock him to the floor

 "We both have one enemy Deucalion. Don't make me change my mind" 

He looks to Jennifer as do I he gets up but she comes over and tries some of her power on him it doesn't work I hide a laugh she walks to me but I grab her arm and twist it breaking it and having no remorse, I see Scott refuse to help Deucalion and then Deucalion roars making Scott shift and me flinch. They are about to step towards Jennifer when I see the moon get covered. I feel my shift disappear and look to Derek. 

"The eclipse makes us weak it drains our power" 

I look to Jennifer to see the mangled, scratched up face that Kali left her with. She attacks Derek, pushing him against a wall. He does nothing to fight back. Just takes every blow. I try to move Jennifer but she uses her power and it works, throwing me across the room, making me hit a wall and fall to the floor.
She runs to Deucalion pushing him to the ground, she smashes his head off the ground again and again when Derek stops her. 

"Jennifer stop, he's never seen..." 

"Seen what?" 

"Seen the price you payed for Kali to become part of his pack" 

She nods realising that Derek is right. She places her hand over Deucalion's eyes obviously giving him sight. He looks to her and let's just say looks away immediately like the rest of us. She falls back, Derek catches her. She pleads for him to kill Deucalion. When he refuses, she begins to attack him. I push her away from him, then I stand in front of him. She attacks me, she may be strong, but I've always been good at hand to hand combat. I fight her until I feel power in me. The eclipse is over. She throws a powder above her making a ring around her I stop and so does Scott 

"Mountain Ash" 

Scott looks at me and then pushes his hands against the barrier, Jennifer laughs,
"You already tried that, Scott. It didn't work." 
Scott ignores her and eventually breaks the barrier. But then I notice something different about him... there's more power, his eyes are red as well. 

"Tell me where the parents are. Or I'll kill you myself. I don't care what it does to the colour of my eyes." 

"It won't change the colour of mine." Deucalion says from behind us.

He sprints towards Jennifer and slits her throat with his claws. We all turn to Deucalion 

"We're letting you go." Scott tells him. 

Then Derek speaks 

"I remember you were once a man of vision when my mother was still alive. I believe you could become that man again." 

Then I say, 

"But if you don't, it won't matter that you've got your sight back... Because you'll never see us coming" 

He looks scared. That's what I was aiming for. He gets up and runs off I turn and see that Jennifer's gone Scott looks to us. 

"Where did she go?"