Chapter 12

I'm driving Derek's sexy ass car while Kate Argent is following us. She thinks we're Derek. It's fun toying with her mind. Derek found a lead on the Alpha and is running around Beacon Hills, while Stiles, Scott and I are distracting the hunters.

In other words we're the bait.

"Faster?" I question.

"Much faster." Stiles tells me.

I speed up until Stiles speaks again,

"Kenzie, I don't think your grasping the whole concept of a car chase."

"If she goes any faster she'll kill us." Scott says.

Huh thanks Scott,

"Well if she doesn't go any faster, they'll kill us."

I speed up until I'm sure that if there were any cops around I would be pulled over.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the ironworks." The police radio that Stiles stole says.

I drive into the ironworks and spot Derek. He's crouched behind a digger, while Chris Argent shoots at him.

"Get in!" Stiles shouts opening the door and jumping into the back.

Derek runs and jumps into the car and I speed off.

"What part of laying low did you not understand?" Scott shouts.

"Dammit I had him." Derek says frustrated.

Let me tell you, it's hot when he's pissed off.

"Who the Alpha?" Stiles question from behind us.

"Yes! He was right In front of me and the fricken police showed up!"

"Whoa, hey they're just doing their job." Stiles says.

Derek glares at Stiles then his glare drifts to Scott who's sat behind me.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get passed that? I made a dumb ass mistake. I get it." Scott says.

"Alright how'd you find him?" Stiles questions but is met with silence.

"Can you at least try to trust us for half a second?" Scott says

"All of us." Stiles adds poking his head through the seats, causing Derek to glare at him.

"Or just her, we'll be back here."

"The last time I spoke to my sister she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. First was a guy called Harris."

Stiles pokes his head through the seats again.

"Our chemistry teacher?"

"Why him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know yet." Derek says getting very pissed.

"Okay so what's the second?" I ask

"Some kind of symbol."

Derek shows us a piece of paper with a wolf in the middle surrounded by what looks like a coat of arms. Scott sighs,

"What? You know what this is?" Derek questions.

"I've seen it on a necklace... Allison's necklace."

I speed up after he says this. Great. Fantastic!

Running. That's all I can do. Run. I'm being chased through the woods of Beacon Hills. I don't dare look back. I hear my pursuer's footsteps slow and come to a halt. I run further away until my lungs are screaming for air. I finally stop when I'm shoved by a dark figure. I fall and the figure pins me to the ground. I recognise the figure, the dark hair, the dull grey eyes. It's my father. The scene around me changes, from the woods, to my old house. My father's still stood in front of me, only this time, he's holding a glass bottle. My mother tries to stop him but he hits her and she falls hitting her head off the floor. My father moves the bottle between his hands and then looks to me and points his finger at me,
"You. This is all your fault." He says gesturing to my mother who's lying unconscious on the floor.
"You know that after Ellis was born, I was happy. I had a son, but then you came along and everything went wrong. Ellis developed leukaemia, then he left. And I have to live with you. My daughter who has no friends and can't seem to talk to her parents. How do you think that makes me feel, having a daughter who's the laughing stock of the school."
"Dad, you're drunk."
"Who are you to tell me what I am and what I am not?"
"I'm sorry."
He smiles one of his crooked smiles. A smile that means he's going to make me pay in one way or another. He staggers towards me which makes me back up against a wall. He grabs my throat and lifts me up and I grab his wrist with my hands. He eventually drops me. He turns around and then throws the bottle at me. I duck and it hits the wall above me, showering me with glass.