Chapter 38

Derek and I are standing in the loft looking at the guns lying out on the table. Braeden provided hers so Derek could use them. Derek sighs picking up one of the guns, 

"I still don't like relying on these things." 

"I understand. You miss the power you used to have. If I was in your position I would miss it too." 

"It's not about the power. It's about the feeling of being useless and not being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless." 

"Chris and Braeden are human. Do they seem helpless?" 

"Chris and Braeden are both better shots than I am." 

"Do you seriously think you won't be coming back?" I ask, 

"Not alive." He answers dryly. 

"You know that we're not okay with that." I say, placing my hand on my stomach, walking over to him. 

He turns to face me and then places his hand over mine and I look down to see them. He pecks my lips then says, 

"I am." 

My eyes quickly dart up to his, waiting for him to continue as I know there's more. 

"If it saves Scott and Kira." 

He turns back to face all of the guns, and I run my hand over one of the smaller ones. 

"To be completely honest. I don't know if this is enough fire power to take down one Berserker." Derek starts. 

"Not even close." Peter's voice echoes from the stairs. 

"Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. Not just the fire power. It's breaking the animal's spirit from the human." Peter tells us. 

"Well, the only person we know with that kind of experience is Argent. And he's not getting back to me." Derek looks at Peter. 

"Well then we're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam. Definitely me."

We made a meeting place for us all to meet up and then we called Braeden for help. Which it was more Derek that did. And call me jealous but as soon as this is over I'm deleting her number from his phone! Anyway back to the task at hand. Stiles, Malia and Liam get out of the jeep, while Derek, Peter and I get out of Derek's car. Braeden pulls up and gets out of the van she brought for Liam. Since it's a full moon. Ellis jumps out the other side. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask Ellis. 

"You're going, so I decided I'd try and protect you and be there to help." He replies. 

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asks her. 

"I'm a US marshal." Braeden replies, like it's obvious. 

"Yeah, I just thought that was a cover." 

"We're really bringing him?" Derek asks, gesturing to Liam. 

Liam and Stiles share a look at Derek. 

"We're really bringing him?" Stiles remarks, gesturing to Peter. 

"We're bringing everyone we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter tells us. 

"What does that mean?" Malia asks. 

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him." Peter says.