Chapter 34

It's been a few days since the virus affected me and I taught Derek how to bend the rules. And I'm worried, worried about my baby, worried about Derek. I'm worried about how the Sheriff will react to me telling him I'm pregnant. I have no experience whatsoever. I don't know anything about Werewolf pregnancy. I decide to go to Deaton and ask him for help. I walk into the clinic and the little bell rings signalling to Deaton someone's here. He comes out and looks surprised to see me. 

"Mackenzie. What can I do for you?" 

"Deaton, I need your help." 

He nods and opens the gate. I walk past it and go into the back room. He closes the gate and comes in after me. I look at him and lean on the metal table. 

"So, how can I help you?" 

I look to my right and then lift up my top. It reveals my baby bump, it's only small but noticeable if I wear tight tops. I bite my lip, I see Deaton look confused. 

"Wow. Why do you need my help for this? This is wonderful. Congratulations." 

"I know. But I... I don't know anything about Werewolf Pregnancy. I don't know how long it takes. How you can tell if the baby will be a Werewolf." 

He nods. 

"Take a seat." 

I sit on the table and let my top fall. He gets out the equipment for an ultrasound. 

"How long have you known?" 

"Just a few days. I found out the day I was in the school when the virus broke out. But I'm nearly at the start of my second week. I mean, is this normal? Does it grow this quickly?" 

He looks in my eyes, 

"Well by the second week yes. Don't worry Mackenzie. This is perfectly normal. But I suggest for your ultrasounds and updates you come to me. I will get Melissa's help. But if any doctor saw you when you would give birth after four months they would be very confused." 

I look up. 

"Is that how long it takes? Four months?" 

He nods. 

"Usually, yes. By the fourth month the baby will be fully developed." 

I nod. 

"When can you tell the gender?" 

"Well you can probably find out now. If you want?" 

I nod at him. 

"Yes, I want to find out." 

He nods and gets the equipment ready. He slides my top up and then places the gel on my stomach. He moves the little device around until he sees it. 

"Well, I found your baby." 

He points to the baby on the monitor. I smile. 

"Well from what I can tell, it's a girl. You're going to have a daughter." 

I smile. I've always wanted a daughter. I can see her ears but there's something different.

"Deaton, what's wrong with her ears?" 

He looks at the picture, 

"I think your daughter has inherited a gene that allows her to change into a proper Wolf. This is very rare. Usually Werewolves inherit this gene after years of evolving. Like how Talia could change into a black wolf." 

I nod. 

"She wasn't born with that. She evolved after years. This." 

He says gesturing to my child.