Chapter 15

I wake up, I didn't have a nightmare but the dream wasn't exactly the best. In the dream I saw Derek and Erica together holding hands and laughing, and here's the worst part of it... Erica saw me watching them and decided to snog Derek and he kissed her back, he didn't even pull back. But then I guess the dream makes sense. I mean, Erica is a lot prettier than me, she's got the looks and the figure that every boy would want. And then there's me, plain and ordinary, nothing special.
I sit up and look next to me to see Derek lying there. At least the dream wasn't real. A tear escapes me eye and I wipe it away. Derek wakes up to see me crying, he pulls me into him.

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Nothing... It was nothing."

He turns my head to his.

"You're lying, tell me."

I look down,

"It was a dream. In the dream I saw you and Erica together holding hands and laughing. Then Erica saw me watching you both, so she kissed you, right in front of me. And you kissed her back and didn't pull away."

I look to my left. Anywhere but his face.

"Look at me."

I look into his green eyes

"I promise I would never cheat on you, especially not with Erica. She's not really my type"

I laugh at the last part

"Then who is your type?"

"You are."

I smile at him through the tears, he wipes them away. He leaves to go and do something, there's a Lacrosse game tonight.

I walk onto the field but sit on the bleachers. I start to watch the game when I start seeing Cora standing in front of the goal with a ball in front of her feet. This is unusual.

-x- (Flash Back)

She kicks the ball and it goes way out of aim from the goal.

"I can't do this." She says near tears.

"Why not Cor?" I question as I take her hand and sit her down on the bench.

I crouch down in front of her

"I'm not good at soccer." I look at her

"What do you mean? You're amazing at soccer. You literally score nearly every goal."

She looks down,

"Nearly."

"Tell me what's really wrong?"

"There was a girl that told me I'm awful at soccer and that I should quit so I don't embarrass myself."

I'm shocked that anyone would dare say this to Cora Hale, Derek Hale's younger sister, but I stand corrected.

"Look at me Cor. That girl only said that because she's scared, she's scared that you'll become a better soccer player than she is. Let me tell you something."

She looks down

"When people say something like that to someone like you, someone this good at something. They're lying, they don't want you to do well so they make you quit the team so they can carry on playing without an amazing player. So what I want you to do is keep playing soccer and show this girl how amazing you are. Can you do that for me?"

She smiles and nods.

"I think that's enough soccer for one day."

She nods and takes my hand, I walk her back to the Hale house and make sure she gets in ok and then I walk home.