Chapter 5

I wake with a start and look down realising I must have fallen asleep up the tree. It's quite foggy in this part of the woods and my sights not the best in the fog especially this thick. My other senses are heightened, I hear a twig snap and look over the forest below me. I see a dark figure in a patch of fog and instantly start to shake. The figure looks in the direction of the tree I'm sat on. I see the Bright Red Eyes that would only belong to the Alpha. I want to scream but I don't, instead I jump down from the branch and run at the Alpha. He looks startled but then takes a defensive stance and I can feel the shift coming. Letting it happen allows me to have full strength so I allow my inner Wolf to take over. I throw the first punch which doesn't get blocked and then the Alpha retaliates and jumps me, pushing me to the ground. He stares at my face snarling and growling. I try to push him off me but he doesn't budge, he's too heavy. He growls at me and slashes my hip making me scream out in pain. After he slashed my hip I change back. The Alpha then takes off hearing footsteps. I hear them too, I look around to see who is approaching me, I see a figure walking towards me, the figure is strongly built and is wearing an iconic Black Leather Jacket. I realise its Derek after I see the jacket.

"Derek?"

He runs towards me after hearing my voice.

"Mackenzie? What happened?"

He sounds worried but in his eyes I see anger. It can't be directed at the Alpha can it?

"The Alpha! I tried to attack him. I know it's stupid but I wanted to try and stop having nightmares."

He looks at me and shakes his head.

"I'll call Scott and tell him to get Stiles and tell him to bring him here."

I try to stand up with the help of Derek but I fall into him, I'm too weak I don't have the energy. Derek picks me up bridal style and walks back to the old Hale house. He walks in and sets me down on a table that has obviously seen better days. He lifts up my jumper despite my protests and then removes it.

I shiver from the sudden loss of warmth. Then he slides my top over the wound so it sits mid-stomach.

He examines my wound then shakes his head.

"You had to go and attack the Alpha didn't you?" He asks somewhat sarcastically "you always loved getting yourself into trouble didn't you?"

"Yes and Yes. Why did you call Scott? I could've called Stiles to come and get me."

"Well Scott needs to see this and learn an important lesson."

"And what's that?"

"I'll tell you later."

5 minutes later I hear Stiles' piece of shit pull up outside the Hale house and Stiles and Scott enter.

Scott enters first and Stiles is slightly behind him, once he sees me he runs to my side.

"What the hell happened!"

He looks at Derek for an explanation Scott follows shifting his gaze to Derek. Derek looks at me and his eyes lock mine.

"Well Mackenzie here thought it would be a good idea to attack the Alpha. Now if you think about that a Beta against an Alpha, the most powerful and dangerous of our kind. It doesn't sound like a fair fight does it?"

He's still looking at me. I feel a surge of pain in my wound and I begin to fall forwards but someone catches me. That someone was Derek. He lies me down on the table and looks at my wound. I don't need to look to know I'm not healing.