Chapter 10

I feel like I'm drowning. I can't breathe, can't hear anything, can't see anything. It feels like I might have an Asthma attack.

My dumbass cousin and his dumbass best friend decided to call the Alpha here to the school where I spent a few years doing studies before I moved to a school in San Francisco. I can't remember what happened within the past 5 minutes because it all went so fast. But one thing remains clear. The Alpha killed Derek. And there's something that remains even clearer. When we get out of here I'm killing the Alpha. He can't get away with this. I don't care who the Alpha is all I care about is for him to be dead and for all of this to be over.

I'm running behind Scott and Stiles but it doesn't feel like I'm running I can't feel anything. No emotion. The only thing I can feel is the pain in my chest reminding me that this is all real. Stiles pulls me into a classroom. Once we're in the classroom I pin Scott against the wall.

"What the hell! Why did you have to go and prove a point to Derek. It's your fault he's dead. And it's your fault we're gonna die next!" I yell with anger in my voice.

I practically roar at him and then hit the wall right beside his head making a dent in it and making the wall crack and crumble under my fist. I didn't realise my strength until now. I finally look at Scott. He looks scared. I don't blame him. Stiles pulls me away from Scott and pushes me to the other side of the room in effort to stop me from killing Scott. I've been through enough loss I don't think I can handle any more of it. My chest hurts and I'm finding it hard to breathe.

"Kenzie, are you okay?" Stiles asks,

"No. I can't breathe. My chest hurts." I say to him.

Eventually the pain dulls and I turn around and see a wall of windows. I place my hands on the windowsill then I hear Scott's voice.

"What's your problem anyway? Yeah Derek's dead but why are you pissed off at me about it?"

"Kenzie, he does have a point" Stiles chimes in.

"Don't forget how many times he saved your asses. He's the closest friend I have left since I found out Cora died in that fire. And he's my boyfriend!"

After I admit that they stare at me their faces clearly stating 'What?!'

"Yeah you heard me. He's my boyfriend. That's why I'm pissed at you. I've barely been in this town a week and my boyfriend's already dead!" I snap.

"And plus we've got bigger problems to deal with. Did you forget the fact we have a fucking Alpha Werewolf after us?!"

I stare at the window and then my gaze drifts to Stiles' jeep.

"Stiles what's wrong with your jeep?"

"There's nothing wrong with my jeep"

"Yeah there is its bent."

"What like dented?"

"No it's bent."

We sit below the window.

"That's it we're doomed."

"No we're not. We can take Derek's car."

"Yeah. We go out and get the keys off his body. Yuck. And then we take the car."

"And him." I state.

Then something comes crashing in through the window and lands in front of us.

"That's my car battery."

We get up. I know where to go but it's not great.

"Follow me!"