Chapter 13

I walk over to Stiles and see him crouching under the desk. I put my hand on his shoulder

"It's okay to come out now."

He gets up and looks confused,

"Where's Derek and Peter?"

"Derek joined Peter and they're going to the school to find Scott to try and get him to join them."
-----------------------

I'm in the jeep with Stiles and Scott. Derek hasn't been answering my texts. I heard from Scott that he didn't look sorry for joining Peter, so he's a bit of an ass right now. Stiles drives into an industrial area and we see Jackson and Chris Argent. Talking.

"Yo." Scott says,

"What's up?" Stiles asks

"Hey" I say and wave.

"Everything okay?" Scott asks,

"Hey Scott, Mackenzie. Your friend here was just having some car trouble." Chris says.

"There's a shop down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck." Scott says.

"Yeah, you want a ride?" Stiles asks

"Hey come on Jackson, you're way to pretty to be out here all by yourself." I add.

Jackson begins to walk over to the jeep, when Chris stops us,

"Hey guys."

He walks over to the drivers side of the Porsche and starts the engine.

"Told you I knew a few things about cars."

We watch as Chris drives off. Then we all jump out of the jeep.

"What are you stalking me now?" Jackson asks causing Scott to slam the door to the jeep.

"Yes! You freaking idiot. You almost gave away everything right there!"

"What're you talking about?!"

"He thinks you're the second Beta!"

"What?"

"He thinks you're me!" Scott yells and punches the jeep.

"Dude... My jeep." Stiles says a little upset.

"I could hear your heart beating from a mile away. Literally." I say.

"He thinks there's something wrong. So now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you too!"

Scott goes to punch the jeep again but Stiles stops him and says,

"How about we step away from Stiles' jeep."

"This is your problem not mine, okay. I didn't say anything. Which means you're gonna get me what I want. This is your fault." Jackson says annoyed.

He then pushes Scott into the door of the jeep. Scott looks at him and Stiles says,

"Stop hitting my jeep!"

Scott pushes Jackson. I step between them and push them both away.

"Stop it! Both of you!" I say eying Scott " if you don't I might just rip your throats out." I finish.

"When they come after you I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone." Scott says looking at Stiles at the last part.

"Why are you looking at me?"

"Now you have to do it. Give me what I want and then I'll be able to protect myself."

"No you won't! Trust me. All it does is makes things worse."