Chapter 6

I wake up to the same thing that has been haunting my nightmares for the past two weeks. The eyes of the Alpha. I sit up gasping for air, I look over to where I last saw Derek. He sitting on a chair asleep. It's cute. Don't judge me, if you saw him you'd think the exact same. He stirs and sees me looking at him

"Done checking me out?"

He stole my catchphrase. I blush but don't look away. He gets up and walks over to me and lifts up my tank top again just as Deaton walks in. I look down and see that my wound has healed. I smile at Derek and jump off of the table. I look to Deaton

"Thanks so much for your help Deaton."

He smiles and extends his hand for me to shake and I do. I'm about to walk out of the back room when Deaton says

"I heard from Stiles that you were looking for a job. If you want I can offer you a job here, you would have to take care of the animals and clean out the cages. You would also help me with operations. The pay is $4.50 an hour. On the website there is a CV (A CV is a basically a form you fill out when you're looking for a job. For those who don't know what it is) that you can fill out and send it to me over E-mail and then you can start next Monday."

"OMG thanks so much Deaton that would be great."

Derek walks to me and takes my hand, he walks up to his car and we get in. He drives me back to my house. I thank him and get out and walk to my front door but turn around

"Bye Derek!" I say knowing he'll hear me.

"Bye Kenzie!" He says back knowing I'll hear him.

I go through the door to be greeted by my uncle

"Mackenzie. Where have you been? I've been worried sick!"

"I just needed to get away for a bit and get some air. I fell asleep on a tree and then I woke up and realised I should come back before you got worried. I need to go and have a shower and change."

He stops interrogating my and let's me go upstairs. I jump into the shower and relax as the warm water hits my muscles. I look down to my wrists, in a way I'm happy I got bitten. It got rid of my scars.

I used to cut but that was years ago. It was one of the reasons I got a tattoo. I get changed and walk out of the bathroom and walk into my room I see Derek sitting on my bed

"What are you doing here?"

He turns around and sees me he stares at me as I walk over to my wardrobe and grab a jumper, I pull it over my head since my other one got torn up. My eyes drift to the picture on my bedside. I remember one time I threw it at the wall with hatred. But I reframed it and put it on my bedside table then I came back here and it remained on my bedside table.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I jut came to see how you were. So how are you?"

"Despite the fact I just came face to face with the Alpha? Oh I'm great." I say sarcasm lacing my tone.

I walk over to my bed and sit down next to Derek, he turns to look at me my computer is behind him. I remember that I need to fill out the CV that Deaton told me about. But I need to know something. Back when I pushed him off of Stiles I saw jealousy cross his eyes for a second.

"Derek?... The other day when I pushed you off of Stiles I saw a bit of Jealousy flash across your eyes."

He looks at me with the 'Are you serious' look. I push him playfully.

"What is the Big Bad Derek Hale jealous of small skinny defenceless Stiles Stilinski?"

He pushes me off the bed and tackles me to the floor and hovers over me.