10. Geniuses

Misaki POV
(Next Day In the gym for practice match against Karasuno)

"Thanks again for inviting me to the game," I thank Iwaizumi for inviting me and he shrugs his shoulders with a wide grin.

"Anytime. After all we already watched your match and saw much you improved over the two years we haven't seen each other." He turns to me with resolute face, "Now you can watch our game and see how well we do." Iwaizumi says with the same burning passion in his eyes when it comes to volleyball. I smile after seeing determination in him that makes me feel relieved. The match today is against Karasuno. Aobajousai will probably win after all the school they're playing with isn't the well known school they used to be.

"Oh that reminds me, where's Oikawa?" I ask him.

"He's probably at the infirmary for another check up," Iwaizumi causally says but my mind freezes hearing those words.

"H-He's okay though right... He can still play volleyball right?" I worryingly say and Iwaizumi's eyes widen seeing me lose my composure.

"His sprain was never too bad. I pretty sure he can still play volleyball?" Iwaizumi comments, "Why are you acting so worried..... Do you like him?" He hesitantly asks me, but I shake my head.

"No that's not it," I easily tell him to his relief, "It's my fault that I made his ankle worse though. I don't want it to be the point that he can't play anymore." I say the partial truth and not the full truth. I don't ever want Oikawa or Iwaizumi to face the same situation like me. Whether it's not having a family to go to anymore or the curse of a forever pain on a knee... I don't want them to know that I'm facing this or else they would tell me to stop and comfort me. I don't want to depend on them.

I hear the gym doors slam open and I see the Karasuno members dramatically come in to the gym. It's strange, but there's just something about that team that makes them have such a striking presence... I just can't figure out what though. I look at all the members and my eyes stop as it lands on Natsuki Serizawa. The Previous Queen in the Volleyball World. It was once after she quit that I was able to rise above all others. If she's really intending to play volleyball then I will have to face her off. I admired her as a volleyball player because her genius skills, yet I fear her because I knew I could never be as good as her.

"Misaki is there something wrong?" Iwaizumi asks me and I quickly shake my head as I come back down to reality. I'm letting myself show how I feel from my face, I need to keep myself calm so I don't not worry Iwaizumi.

"No everything is alright," I reassure him with a light smile. "I'll watch the game up to where everyone is at," I say. I take his hand make a fist out of it and give him a fist bump. "Good luck," I tell him and leave to watch the game.

(Set 1 goes to Aobajousai)

Iwaizumi is right, he's pretty good too at keeping the team together as the vice-captain. Without realizing it, my thoughts wander back to Oikawa, I wonder how he's doing right now I hope he's okay, I sigh and my cellphone vibrates. I doubt it's from my modelling jobs because they always call me at night and I know Touya always calls in the morning so it wouldn't be him.... I hope it isn't what I think it is... I tell myself and check my cellphone just to have my heart sink once I see the number on my cellphone. The Tsukinose Hospital just called me, what do they want now? My heart beats fast thinking of the many possibilities.

"Misaki is there something wrong?" Iwaizumi calls me from above with a towel around his neck and water bottle in his hand.