S1. New Year

~ New Year Shrine Visit ~

Oikawa POV

Today it's New Years Day. For the start of the new year, everyone pays a visit to the shrine to ring the bell and say their prayers.

Like everyone else, Misaki and I are heading to that shrine now to start off the new year.

I hold onto Misaki's hand as we walk along with the crowd to the shrine.

"It's amazing how this place has changed over the past two years," Misaki awes as she see everyone ringing the bell on the shrine and giving their prayers.

"It has," I grin. "You seem excited to go to the shrine today," I tease and Misaki blushes.

"I mean I do like ringing the bell every year and give my prayers but--". Misaki tightens the hold of my hand. "T-this year I get to come here with you this year." Misaki stutters with red cheeks and my heart skips a beat.

"Same," I tighten my hold on her hand with red cheeks as well. "I'm glad that the two of us are together by ourselves today--"

"Misaki! You're here too!" Yui calls out to us with her arm linked around Hanamaki's arm. 

"Eh?" I blurt out and realize that it wasn't just those two but the entire boys volleyball team and girls volleyball team here.

Damn it! Did I just jinx myself again?!?! Urghhhh!!! Can Kami-sama ever be by my side?!

"Are the two of you here for the shrine?" Iwaizumi asks us and I nod my head.

"We are," I answer and Hanamaki pats me on the back.

"Then you should join us, the more the merrier," Hanamaki grins and I sweatdrop.

"Well..." I try to make an excuse but...

"Sure," Misaki answers and my mouth drops from shock.

Of course, Misaki would say that it's fine. She likes being around others. Urghhh maybe I'm just too selfish for wanting to be alone with the girl I love.

Both teams head to the shrine and I watch Misaki talk to the girls volleyball team with a smile on her face.

I'm happy for Misaki. She's so much more open to her feelings compared to the past.

When we arrive to the shrine, Hanamaki, Matsukawa, and I stand in front of the shrine.

What should I pray about for the new year? I grin. I already know... for Misaki and I to be together forever!

"What wish are you going to make?" Matsukawa asks me curious and I start to sweat bullets.

I'm not going to admit to him or have the boys and girls volleyball team overhear that I'm going to make a wish that Misaki and I will be together forever.

My cheeks flush. It's so embarrassing and cheesy.

"I-it's a secret," I anxiously tell him. "Besides why are you asking me?!" I ask and he shrugs.

"Just curious. I'm not sure what to pray about anyways," Matsukawa answers and turns to Hanamaki. "How about you?"

"To get into a good college," Hanamaki straightforwardly answers and I tilt my head.