17. Endless Pain

Oikawa POV
(Next day - In the gym)

I bounce the volleyball on the ground and look across the net. I take in a deep breath and focus. I toss the volleyball up into the air again and serve. The serve seems like it's going to go over the net, but the volleyball hits the net and lands on my side of the court.

"Tch." I click my tongue after seeing another missed serve. I turn to the wall and hit it as hard as I can in frustration. "... Ow! Why did I just hit a wall?" I cry as the pain rushes through my fist.

Again... I missed another serve again today. Right now everyone's eating dinner, but I'm staying behind because of all the mistakes I've been making in today's practice. I'm not focused on volleyball or anything.

I mean how can I act normal after yesterday? I heard the most unexpected words come out of Iwaizumi's mouth and now I can't even pay attention to volleyball properly. I'm so confused.... No I'm more frustrated at myself right now.

(Yesterday at night)

The boys were all playing cards and for some reason poker has never been my game. I always lose to Hanamaki or Kunimi. I swear those two are the poker masters because they would always wins.

"Oikawa shouldn't you just give up, you're losing every game~" Hanamaki says with a smirk on his face. "Kunimi and I are the best in poker so don't go on crying."

"I'm not gonna cry!" I shout out with a huff and Matsukawa snickers.

"Come on. You're the worse player here Oikawa you have no poker face," Matsukawa comments and high-fives Hanamaki.

I turn to Kindaichi, my only friend that's always willing to help me. "How do you make a poker face Kin-chan?" I ask begging on my knees for help.

He slightly scoots away from me. "I'm not sure. Yahaba and I are barely getting through this," he says then shrugs. "Just don't be obvious."

"I'm not obvious!" I cry out.

"Yah you are," The entire team bluntly states without missing a beat.

Iwaizumi suddenly stands up. "I'm going to get drinks, do you guys want anything?"

"I want cola cola," Hanamaki says as he gets some cards from the deck.

"Milk tea," Matsukawa tells Iwaizumi as he takes the rest of Iwaizumi's space to himself.

"Chocolate milk," Kindaichi and Yahaba politely answer then fist pump each other for thinking of the same drink.

"Water," Kunimi quietly mumbles while staring at the cards in his hands.

Iwaizumi turns to me and I wink. "I want some lemonade, oranges, and melon bread," I tell Iwaizumi with a silly grin and a vein pops on his head.

"Damn Shittykawa I'm not your slave! You're coming with me!" Iwaizumi angrily shouts and drags me out of the room without a hint of gentleness.

"Wah! Iwa-chan!" I cry out as he pulls me away. The rest of the team avoids eye contact with me and continues to play poker without us.

Seriously?! I'm their captain, they should be saving me!!!

Iwaizumi practically yanks me with my collar, but releases me once we are in front of the vending machine.