59. Pinky Promise

Misaki POV
(The Day Before the Spring High Preliminaries - In the Gym)

Times flies after our date. With the days counting down to the Spring High Preliminaries, Tooru and I didn't get to hang out much together as a couple because our teams started to practices longer. However Tooru always found some time for the two of us to be together whether it was in the morning, lunch, or sometimes after school.

Of course I love being around Tooru, but it's not like we could let our guard down. Our team has been practicing a ton after hearing how the Merciless Queen, Natsuki Tsukiyomi, would be joining in the Spring High Preliminaries as a representative of Karasuno. Just knowing she's there along with Chiharu. This Spring High Preliminaries is definitely going to be more of a challenge for us.

After a short amount of volleyball practice, all the girls sit down in a half of a circle except for Yui and I who are standing in front of the girls.

Yui clears her voice then speaks. "Girls. Tomorrow is the day, the Spring High Preliminaries has come. We practice long hard for this day. I know after our loss against Niiyama Joshi that it been tough on us, but we gotten stronger. We will win against all the teams and go to the Tokyo Stadium." Yui proclaims and everyone smiles hearing her encouraging words.

I clear my throat. "I doubt you all remember what I first told you all during the beginning of our first practice match--" I try to start off but I get interrupted.

"To not break a leg," Ino states and I sweatdrop.

How does she remember that part??? Is she psychic???

"Uh that's true, but that's not the part I would focus on," I explain. "Do you remember how I told you all that no matter what happens in a game never give up because once you give up, you lose?" I ask and everyone but Akari nods their heads.

"Good," I look at them with a determined look. "Well that's my completely true, but it's not just that. Together as a team we must all think positively and have a strong determination to win. We have a come a long way and all our practice will come into play once we on the courts," I smile. "I've seen everybody here and I know together that we could push ourselves to our fullest potential."

Everyone's eyes brighten and Haruhi chuckles.

"You don't need to tell us that Misaki, we already know~" Haruhi says and Riko shrugs.

"Well our captain and vice captain sure do have a way with words to encourage us like this," Riko says with a competitive grin.

Akari nods her head. "All of us are planning to give it our all."

"Thanks everyone," I smile but then Mihane pops up and puts in her hand out.

"Everyone we need to have a team cheer," Mihane declares out of no where and everyone stares at her with a blank look.

"Why?" Ino asks.

"Because it makes us more pumped up. Not to mention it makes us cooler," Mihane winks.

Riko sighs. "This girl..." she mumbles.

I put my hand out on top of Mihane's. "Why not?" I answer and everyone stares at me surprised even Mihane. "It helps motivate the team right before a match doesn't it?" I explain.