39. Milk Bread

Misaki POV
(One week later - In the morning ~ Before class)

"We need to find ourselves another player," Yui says as she shows Ayaka and I the profiles of all the girls on the team currently. "After examining all the girls for this week, who do you think will be the best candidate."

"Yui I'm not even in the team anymore," Ayaka complains and Yui slams her hand on the desk with a cocky grin.

"That doesn't matter!" Yui shouts and points to her heart with her thumb. "You're still a team player in the heart until you graduate so you will be a part of this."

Ayaka sighs then lightly chuckles. "Hahaha you're right," she says as she smoothes her hair back. "So who do you think has potential?"

"Hmmm most of them are decent, none of them have much experience, other than the practice matches we been having," Yui answers.

"You need a spiker right?" I ask as I go through some of the girls' profiles and Yui nods her head.

"Yep!" Yui answers. "We need ourselves a spiker!"

I glance back at the profiles and then look at Ayaka. "Do you think Mihane has what it takes to be a libero?"

"Hmm she's still practicing, but in my opinion she's improving pretty steadily. It's must be from all the hard training that Iwaizumi has been giving her," Ayaka comments and my eyes widen.

Iwaizumi is training Mihane. That's interesting. I never would have thought that would happen. 

I stare at all the players' profiles. None of them stand out. Most of their stats are average and I wouldn't consider many to be good enough to play for the girls volleyball team as a regular.

We need to have a strong team. After all, I don't want to lose to Niiyama Joshi again.

I continue to go through the profiles and stop at one profile that stood out to me. Akari Rikimaru. I check her stats and my eyes widen.

Her height.... 187 cm?! She's almost 2 meters?! That's insane!!! Did we really have someone like that in the team???

"What's wrong Misaki?" Yui asks me and I show her the profile of a second year girl that goes by the name, Akari Rikimaru.

"She has potential," I state. "I want her to be the spiker for our team."

"Hmmm. I guess I could see what you mean but it won't work out," Ayaka calmly says.

"Won't work? What do you mean?" I asked surprised by Ayaka's quick response.

Yui sighs. "Akari is a great player. Her skills and her height are exceptional but..."

I stare at Yui with a puzzled expression. "But what?"

"She's not confident in her skills," Yui states. "Akari is the type of person who's afraid of making a mistake and as a result hesitates a lot during a match."

"That doesn't matter. Get her more involved in matches and she'll get over it," I argue and the two of them look at each other then at me.