65. Unbroken

Misaki POV
(Match ~ Aobajousai vs Karasuno ~ Set 5)

Current Score
19-19

My eyes dilate and I try to control my breathing as I keep in all the pain that is passing through my knee.

My knee is swelling and I have already past my limits long ago but I'm still on the courts.

The coach even asked me before we started the fifth set if I needed to have someone substitute me later in the game but I told her that there was no need to.

This is my last match and more than anything I want to stand by my team whether it's to win or lose. I want to experience that moment with them.

I glance back at the score. 19-19.

The score has been going up for both teams and no team is letting the other team get the advantage over the other. Both teams only need two points to be the winner.

I take a deep breath in and focus my attention to the courts and bounce the volleyball in my hand. I spin the volleyball and throw the volleyball up in the air. I jump up and serve the volleyball.

Their libero receives the volleyball and I slightly frown.

I've been using that serve a lot, but the major set back to that is how they're able to figure out how to receive it. Specifically Natsuki who must have analyzed my serve and told their libero how to receive it.

I watch Tomoyo toss the volleyball to their spiker and the spiker spikes it to the corner of the court.

"I got it!" Mihane shouts as she dives for the volleyball.

"Nice Mihane," Riko compliments Mihane and receives the spike.

"Not bad," Ino teases and receives the ball sending it to the other side.

Our opponents receive the volleyball and Natsuki tosses the volleyball to Tomoyo. Tomoyo tries to spike it, but Haruhi blocks the volleyball. "One touch!"

Yui receives the volleyball and I get ready to toss the volleyball.

My knee aches with pain but I continue the toss straight at Akari. The toss was slightly off but taking no mind to that she spikes the volleyball through the blockers. 

The blockers click their tongues frustrated that we got through them.

The tip of my lips turn up. One more point! Although I feel happy that we got the advantage. I don't let it get to me because knowing Karasuno... they're not going to let themselves go down without a fight.

Haruhi serves the volleyball and one of their players receives the volleyball. Tomoyo gets in position and tosses it to her captain.

Their captain spikes it but Riko receives the volleyball. Mihane jumps up ready to toss the volleyball and I sprint to the volleyball.

I jump ready to spike the volleyball but Natsuki is immediately on my tail.

I spike the toss that Mihane passed to me, but Natsuki comes and immediately blocks the volleyball.