46. Separate Ways

Oikawa POV
(Two weeks later ~ at school)

"Oikawa!" A crowd of girls greet me in the morning.

"Morning~" I fake a smile and give them a wave. The mob of fangirls all faint at the spot.

It's been two weeks and I'm still forcing myself to smile in front of everyone, especially Misaki. The fan girls have been starting to greet me, but it's not like before.

In the past I would feel a sense of pride having all these girls greet me, but now it feels empty. I don't know which ones, but some of these fan girls bullied Misaki and just knowing pisses me off.

It's not just that though... compared to these girls, whenever Misaki would greet me in the morning it would always bring a smile to my face. No one could make me genuinely smile like she does yet she does greet me anymore.

I never knew how much of an impact Misaki made in my life until now. Two weeks since our break up felt like months or even years.

I enter the third years building and find Misaki talking to Iwaizumi.

Why is she talking to Iwaizumi?

I feel a slight pang on my chest. I hate this feeling. I don't like it. Misaki and I broke up yet she's talking to Iwaizumi so causally.

"Good morning Iwa-chan! Misa-chan!" I greet the two of them in the morning and get in between them.

I just want to have Iwaizumi away from Misaki. I don't like how they're all close to each other. I'm her boyfriend... or at least I used to be.

Iwaizumi nods his head as a greeting and I could see Misaki slightly fidgeting.

"Hi Tooru..." Misaki quietly greets me not directly looking me in the eye.

"What were the two of you talking about?" I ask and Misaki flinches.

"Ummm.... nothing," Misaki answers and turns to the both of us. "I need to go talk to Yui about practice today." She quickly excuses herself and leaves.

Iwaizumi stares me with a perplexed look on his face.

"Oi. What happened between you and Misaki," he asks and I force a laugh.

"What are you taking about Iwa-chan?" I question and pat him on the back.

Iwaizumi frowns. "Don't joke with me Shittykawa, what happened between you and Misaki. It's been two weeks and I could see the tension between the two of you," he observes. "You guys don't even walk to school or home together or eat lunch together anymore."

Iwaizumi stares at me and I sweatdrop. I guess I can't hide anything from him.

"We broke up," I answer as causally as possible and Iwaizumi's eyes widen.

"When?" Iwaizumi asks.

"The day she was in the infirmary room," I tell him and he purses his lips.

"I see... Did she tell you why she broke up with you?" Iwaizumi asks and I immediately feel a rush of anger flow through me.

"No! I don't know! She never told me!" I accidentally shout and Iwaizumi's eyes widen surprised by my sudden outburst. I cover my mouth. "Sorry... I didn't mean to shout."