15. Warm-Up Drills

Misaki POV
(At Training Camp)

I walk out of the bus taking in the bright sun on a Saturday morning. I stretch my arms and roll my shoulders as I watch all the other girls come out of the bus after Yui's early morning wake up call.

All the girls grumble after being force to wake up early in the morning, but for me I don't have a problem with waking up this time. I'm already used to getting up this early since it takes me so long time to get ready for school to begin with. I continue to stretch myself and notice Yui standing next to me. She deeply inhales the nature fresh air around her and exhales out.

"Why do you think of the training camp?" She asks me with a toothy grin on her face with her hands on her hips.

"It's nice," I answer as I examine the training camp. The buildings are nicer than the one in Fukurodani, but I can expect that because Aobajousai is a private school so they can pay for these kind of things. I bite my lip. "But why is the training camp here?" I ask her my lingering question.

It's my first day where I have to hide my knee from the people around me. I already know that this week is going to end up being a hell for me. I can't overwork myself since it's not going to be easy to recover from practices, yet I know if I don't practice my hardest the team won't get too far in the Inter high preliminaries. The competition here is fierce after all this prefecture has Niiyama Joshi girls volleyball team... The school I was originally suppose to go. Even though I'm seen as the Queen of volleyball doesn't mean I should take my opponents on lightly.

Yui shrugs. "I'm not sure. It's something the boy's and girl's coaches decide so I don't really make the decisions here --" she answers, but in the middle of no where Mihane runs over and interrupts our conversation.

"Yui! Where's the gym?!" Mihane loudly shouts and a vein pops on Yui's head seeing Mihane cut into the conversation.

"Damn Mihane respect your senpai!" Yui violently smacks Mihane down on the head much to my surprise.

"Fine. Where's the gym senpai?" Mihane says in a sarcastic tone.

"This little brat," Yui says and her eye twitches in annoyance. "Why do you want to know so much?"

"She wants to find the boys," Riko answers with a shrug. "She likes to look at boys in her spare time."

Yui and I give a blank stare to Mihane who's brimming with pride after hearing Riko's statement. "It's amazing how you can say something so shameless." I tell her and Mihane's mouth gales open in shock.

"Y-You're the one to talk!?" How can you not have a boyfriend yet have so many boys following around you??? You shouldn't be leading them on!" she dramatically shouts as she points in my direction.

"Leading them on?" I tilt my head. What is she talking about? I try to give her a simple answer that wouldn't involve her exploding. "I'm not leading the boys. I'm the girls volleyball captain aren't I suppose to lead the girls team?" I tell her and Mihane's jaw falls down in shock.

"WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS---" Mihane shouts, but Ino comes and covers her mouth to shut her up for some peace and quiet.

"This is the gym, right?" Ino asks as she gestures with her head the building to the right and Yui nods her head.

"That's right Ino," Yui answers and I can sense the relief on her face hearing only the muffled voice of Mihane. Yui looks over to the team and loudly claps her hands. "Girls. Right now the boys are practicing so let's give it our all and train just as hard as them!" Yui declares.