66. Faith

Song attached to the chapter goes along with this chapter, please play the song together :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misaki POV
(Few days later ~ Night before the surgery)

It's been a few days after the loss of our match against Karasuno. Like I promised Dr. Tsukinose, I made a date for the surgery after the match ended and now I'm laying on my bed thinking about how the surgery will go tomorrow.

I've been running away from this surgery for a long time so facing it now is unbelievable. I've been trying to do physical therapy and I have always been wearing my knee brace but I know it didn't do much.

It's not like I can go back to before. The success rate for my knee now has a low possibility of being the way it was before but even so I have to go with it. I stare at the empty ceiling. 

I know I won't regret it but... I just can't imagine how painful it will be for me to know that I might not be able to play volleyball ever again. Tooru says that he wants me to take the surgery because he doesn't want to see me in pain, but I feel like he believes that I'll be able play again... Tooru's confidence is amazing. I, on the other hand, don't know what will happen. I don't know if I'll ever be able to play like I used to.

I put my arm over my eyes and I can hear how fast my heart is beating. I can't tell if I'm nervous or I'm scared for tomorrow. I'm probably both.

Ker-dunk! Ker-dunk! Ker-dunk!

I get up from my bed after hearing that certain noise over and over again. Is someone throwing rocks at my window????

I walk over to my window and pull the curtains out he side. I open the window to see who would be throwing rocks on my window at this kind of time and I blink surprised to see Tooru standing out there.

Tooru waves his hands and I give him a small wave back.

"Misa-chan are you free?" Tooru asks me and I nod my head.

"I am," I answer and Tooru grins.

"I know that you have your surgery tomorrow but can we go on a small date," Tooru suggests.

"Small date? What do you want to do?" I ask and Tooru blushes.

"Um... i-it's going to be a surprise," Tooru stutters.

"Surprise?" I repeat and he nods his head.

"Okay I'm coming," I tell him. I take my jacket and go down to meet him.

I wonder why Tooru wants to have a sudden date together before my surgery?

Oikawa POV

I know that it was sudden to ask her out, but I want to do something before her surgery tomorrow. I'm just glad that Misaki is willing to go out with me right now. If she wasn't then all the panning would be a waste.

I want the date to be a surprise but she already knows the location so it won't really be much of a surprise. Misaki and I head to the flower field that we went to when she first came back. Misaki is getting her surgery tomorrow and I know that she's nervous.