25. Inspiration

Misaki POV
(At Sendai Gym)

After a couple of hours riding in the bus, we finally arrive to the Inter-High Preliminaries in the Miyagi Prefecture. I step out of the bus and see all the other volleyball teams here as well.

This is definitely different from the Inter-high Preliminaries in Tokyo when it comes to the number of people here. It's much more crowd in Tokyo that it could feel somewhat suffocating.

Yet no matter where I'm at, I have to remember the competition here is just the same as in Tokyo. I will have to beat the players here to play at the Tokyo stadium. I can't let anything stop me from losing and not accomplishing my dream to be the best setter alongside Oikawa.

I turn around to check up on the team and the first thing I hear is Mihane's squeals of joy for boys.

"BOYS! BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!" Mihane happily chants with sparkling eyes.

All the girls sweatdrop seeing Mihane energetically jump around hype up by all the boys gathered around here.

Riko comes over and smacks Mihane with a rolled up newspaper. "Mihane control yourself. We are in public."

"Ouch!" Mihane cries out and rubs the spot where she got hit. "I am controlling myself," Mihane pouts to her friend and Ino snickers.

"Pfft sure you are," Ino smirks and Mihane frowns.

"Hahaha so funny," Mihane crosses her arms and turns her head. "Guys are the reason why I am here today. Mostly muscular and handsome boys, they are my aesthetics."

I stare at Mihane with a deadpan expression.

It's amazing how she is so open with her thoughts.

"Mihane all the boys are starting to look this way because of your loud mouth," Haruhi straightforwardly says noticing that all the boys are glancing over here.

"No I'm pretty sure they're all looking this way because of Misaki," Ayaka comments looking over to me and I blink a couple of times.

"Really?" I answer surprised.

I didn't even notice the boys glancing over at me.

I take a good look around my surrounding and notice Yui staring at her cellphone screen.

"Where are they?" Yui mumbles to herself.

"Is something wrong?" I ask seeing the worried expression on Yui's face.

"I wonder if the boys volleyball team are around here somewhere?" Yui questions as she sends a text message on her cell phone. "Hanamaki texted me that they arrived here a little while ago, but I don't see them around."

The boys volleyball team?

My eyes wonder around searching for the boys volleyball team.

Where are they?

I turn my head all over the place to find someone in the boys volleyball team and I end up finding Oikawa. "Oh I see Oikawa," I tell Yui.