You're Terrified

''Was he making a bad decision?''
-Ch. 17

________________________________________-

A week later---

''Mihi, you're lucky. You look good in anything. It's hard to shop for dresses for me.'' Haru pulls off an awfully ugly, hot pink dress that had so many fake flowers on it, she thought it was from an exo planet.

It was the morning of the dance, Mihi and Haru were frantically looking for a dress. They were absorbed in their studies, they forgot to go shopping.

''Hey, don't say that. Oh! Look at this one!'' Mihi holds a simple black dress that was half white.

Haru nods, ''It looks nice.''

''Good. Go try this on.'' Mihi pushes the dress towards Haru.

"Huh? But I thought it was for you."

"Nope. I got one, see?" Mihi holds up a light mint green dress that had white lace on the bottom.

Haru cautiously nods, "Oookay..."

She didn't spare a glance at herself while changing. Haru easily slipped on the dress and surveyed herself in the mirror. Wow, I've never wore a dress in like... Forever.

"Haru? Are you changed? Let's see!" Mihi knocks on the door.

Haru first peeps her head out then steps out. Mihi was also dressed in her dress. She clapped her hands and smiled, "Haru! You look beautiful! You should wear dresses more often!"

Haru's ears flush pink, "Thank you... But you look better Mihi! It makes your skin complexion shine."

Mihi twirls, "You think? Okay, I'll get this one. You should get the one you're wearing too. It'll make you stand out."

"Stand out? But I don't want to stand out, I don't like attracting attention... Even if I already unintentionally do..."

Mihi sighs and places her hands on Haru's shoulders, directing get to the mirror. "Trust me. The girls at the dance will be wearing all these weird neon or wacky colours. Not that many people go for simple and humble colours. Jimin will love it."

Haru smiles warmly at her friend, she knew Mihi was always right.
---
"My god. Will you just look at this price!" Mihi scowls at a pair of black 3" heels.

"Sh! The store lady might hear you!" Haru looks at the front where the clerk was busily sorting.

Mihi continues to rant, "I mean, look. These shoes are so simple, yet the price is from out of this world?! Who would pay this much?"

Haru shrugs, "I don't know... Maybe wealthy people?"

"Well, sadly I'm not rich. Ooh! Look at these! I think they match!" Mihi pulls a light beige pair of 3" heels off and tries them on. "It's decided. I'm getting these. What about you Haru? Did you find anything?"

Haru was starring at a pair of nice shiny flats. They were black coloured around the tip of the toe while the rest being white. "Do you think these look good?"

Mihi nods immediately, "Yes! Wah, today is such a good day! Let's pay now."
---
It was just about time for the dance to start.

Mihi and Haru were still getting ready. "Ahh! Where's the iron?!" Mihi frantically runs around.

Haru was calmly brushing her hair that was down to her shoulder blades and setting it up in a braid. She didn't want to wear makeup so she finished early. "Mihi! We're going to be late!"