You're a Liar

''Yes, so much fun.''
-Kang Sora, Ch. 20

________________________________________
Present

''I thought you locked the door!'' Sora yells

''I-I thought so too...'' Jinwoon quivers

Sora pushes Yuki and Jinwoon out of the way, ''No. No one is stopping me. I will do as I say.''

Sora grabs a fist full of Haru's gum-filled hair, ''You're just in time Jimin. Enjoy the show!'' and snips it right off.  Just like that.

Haru's mouth was wide open, horrified. Her long hair was gone.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

Jimin was frozen. He didn't know what to do.

Jungkook and Mihi dash in, ''Jimin! Why aren't you doing something?!'' Jungkook screams and runs towards Haru, who was bawling.

Mihi also sprints, rage trailing in her footsteps. They will pay. Mihi didn't care about the consquences, she pushed down Sora with all her might. Yuki screamed and ran. But Mihi caught her. Jinwoon stood there, frozen.

Jimin finally came out of his trance. ''What? Haru!'' He rushes over. He tried to wrap his arms around her, but she pushed him away.

''G-go away. I-I look horrible.'' Haru felt her head, she fet nothing but small strands, at least about 5-10 cm long.

Sora gets up, wiping her elbow, which was bleeding. ''Ah, good. You are all here. I have more.''

Mihi slaps her face, ''Shut it!''

''No, no. You need to hear it too.'' Sora smirks directly at Jimin.

Jimin immediatly knew what was coming next. He ran over, trying to cover her mouth, but she spoke to fast.

''Haru! Jimin is a liar--- Mphf!'' Sora laughed underneath Jimin's hand

Haru looks up, confused, ''W-what? Liar? No... T-that...''

Sora bit down on Jimin's hand, making him release. ''You see him? What's familiar? Look very closely.''

Haru looked at him. ''Nothing.''

''Are you sure? Wow. I'll just tell you then. He, Park Jimin, is your bully. Just like me.''

White noise buzzed in Haru's ears. Bully. Repeated in her ears.

''It feels sooo nice to get out all of these things i've been wanting to say. Yes. I'm serious Haru.''

Jungkook steps foreward, ''Hyung--- No, Jimin. Is it... True? You were... A bully?''

Jimin clenched his fists, ''Yes.'' He says throught gritted teeth.

Sora clicks her tongue, ''I told you Jimin. You can never escape your past~''

''J-Jimin...'' Water flows out of Haru eyes, ''It's... T-true...''

''N-no! I mean yes! Wait---No!''

Sora guffaws and holds her stomach. ''Ah, so funny. I'm amused. I'll just do you a favour Jimin and explain everything.''

Sora crouches down, ''Remember all those nice times in the courtyard, playing 'Kick the dirt at Haru'? Yeah, Jimin and I were the ones who invented it. He was my partner in this. He too, hated you and your eyes. Just like me, we did allllll of these thungs to you.''

Haru couldn't believe her ears.

''So it's true. You were lying to me. All these past months. I was stupid enough to believe your lies.'' Haru says

''I wasn't lying to you! I was going to---''

''When then? Huh? When!? Were you going to just let me live in the dark?! Jimin, I trusted you!''

Jimin's eyes watered. He fucked up big time. ''I thought you wouldn't remember from all the traumatic stress...''

Haru scoffs and wipes her eyes, ''Wow. The old Jimin is still there. You still think low of me.''

''No! No! I don't! I realized by the time I entered middle school, i've maturened and changed into a better, smarter, nicer person! All this time was the new me. I swear, me being nice and loving you was not fake. I really do. I love you.''

Haru pushed Jimin's words aside for a moment and turned to Mihi who was quiet all this time.

''Did you know?''

Mihi looked at the ground and nodded. ''I'm so sorry Haru...''

Haru yells and holds her head, ''No! Not you too Mihi! I've been lied to by everyone except Jungkook! What the hell is going on?!''

It was quiet in the gym besides the sobs and hiccuping from Haru who was crying like there was no tomorrow. Jimin was about to pat her, but she swatted his hand, ''Don't come near me!''

''Haru, i'm sor---''

''No! Sorry doesn't cut it. You think just by saying 'sorry' solves everything? No. I've just been lied to. Both by my boyfriend and bestfriend. Even Jungkook too. I don't know what to do anymore.''

Just then, the principal walks in, ''Hey! All of you! Inside my office, now!''

Mr. Kwang sternly looked at them. ''I do not know the whole story, but all I know nothing good happened. Haru, why don't you tell us.''

Haru sat there silent.

Mr. Kwang sighed, ''Okay then. Sora. Speak.''

And so she did.

Mr. Kwang took off his glasses and rubbed his temples, ''It's decided. Kang Sora, Ichigo Yuki and Kim Jinwoon, you'll be under punishment and disipline classes for 3 months. Your parents will be informed. The rest of you, go back and rest.''

They all bowed and went.
---
Haru didn't speak. She ignored Mihi, Jimin and even Jungkook. All she wanted was a normal life. But she had to deal with shit. When she looked at her self in the mirror, she was a major wreck. Her eyes were swelled, spotchy red spots on her cheeks and her hair looked like a bird's nest. Haru sighed while crying. She reached for the scissors, might as well just fix it a bit.

At the end, her hair was boy-cut short. Her head was so light. She expected the dorm to be dark, but Mihi was sitting at the counter.

''Haru, I---''

Haru slamed the door in her face. Haru wanted to cry, but nothing came out. Instead she just sobbed dryly into her blanket.
---
It was like a video tape playing in her head. Suddenly playing back all those nasty memories. It all made sense. No wonder she thought the keychain on his bag looked familiar. No wonder he choked on his water when he first saw her.

''I choked on my water because your eyes were so pretty.''

Haru scoffed, lies, again.

But what made her wonder more was: Is this real or fake? Why is she living in such a bad reality?

________________________________________

Ahem.