Chapter 23.

*Kristen's POV*

It was now Friday and the boys had a concert later this evening. It was currently noon and the concert started at 8. Saying things were going smoothly was a complete lie. Everything was in chaos. But, Liam said it was usually like that until after the show. We were currently in this room with all the back up instruments and this gorgeous piano. The boys were all talking but I zoned them out. I really wanted to play that piano. Liam must have noticed me staring.

"Hey boys, let's go get something to drink. Kristen, you can stay here. I'll get you something."

They all agreed. As soon as everyone was out of the room I ran over to the piano. It was a Steinway Grand Piano Model D. Yes, I knew my pianos. Hmm. What to play, what to play? Got it. I began playing and before long, I was so deep into the song I found myself singing along.

*Liam's POV*

I knew Kristen really wanted to play the piano that was in the corner. I could tell by how she kept sneaking glances at it.

I told the boys we should get a drink. They all agreed, which amazed me. Apparently being the "daddy" of the group pays off. We all made our way to the drinks and grabbed something.

"So, Liam, why'd we leave Krissy?" Niall asked. All the boys took up that nickname once they heard Lizzy say it. I shrugged.

"No reason."

"There's a reason," he pushed on.

"Nope. No reason at-"

"Is that piano music playing?" Louis asked, cutting me off.

"Yeah. It is. Where's it coming from?"

"It sounds like the instrument room,"

"Is that singing too?"

"Let's go."

Before I could stop them, they were halfway down the hallway. I quickly caught up with them as we walked in the room. Kristen had her back to us. She probably didn't even know we were here. I looked at the lads and their jaws were on the ground, no joke. Oh yeah. I didn't tell them Kristen could play or sing. Hmm. Must have slipped my mind.

"I have died every day, waiting for you. 

Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. 

I'll love you for a thousand more.

And all along I believed I would find you. 

Time has brought your heart to me. 

I have loved you for a thousand years. 

I'll love you for a thousand more."

Her beautiful voice filled the room. The lads' mouths were still hanging open. Kristen continued to play as we watched. A lot of people had gathered at the door to hear her sing. Lou, our stylist, and her family along with Paul and his were a few of the onlookers.

"I have loved you for a thousand years. 

I'll love you for a thousand more."

She sang, finishing the song. As soon as she stopped playing everyone cheered and clapped. She turned around and was red as a tomato. I walked over to where she was sitting and wrapped my arms around her.

"You were amazing!" I whispered in her ear. The lads soon followed and enclosed us in a huge group hug.

"Woah Krissy!"

"Beautiful and talented?!"

"You were great, love!"

"Amazing job!"