Chapter 27.

*Liam's POV*

My life was perfect. Kristen was perfect because she wasn't perfect. She was far from it. She was perfect to me though and that is all that mattered.

I woke up listening to her sweet voice. I swear she was like an alarm clock. She awoke at the same time every morning.

"Liam, wake up. I have a surprise for you."

I opened my eyes and immediately saw her blue ones. So that's what it felt like. I kissed her forehead before rolling over and almost falling out of bed. Kristen got up and went into the bathroom. I went downstairs and decided to make some tea. Kristen joined me a few minutes later.

"We need to get more groceries," she sighed, dissatisfied with what my refrigerator contained.

"Why don't you go to that?" I asked setting her tea mug in front of her at the bar.

"It's illegal for me to drive here, remember? And to think you're the responsible one. As if," she said rolling her eyes. I had to laugh.

"I'm starving," she dramatically sighed. Again, I had to laugh.

"Go get dressed and we can stop somewhere to eat before going shopping."

"Okay!" she cheered before kissing my cheek and making her way back upstairs. I finished my tea and went upstairs to get changed, forgetting that she said something about a surprise.

~~~

"C'mon Liam. Use those muscles!" Kristen cheered as I carried all the bags of groceries into the flat. I finally carried everything to the kitchen.

Once everything was put away, I sat down and turned on the football game. Kristen sat down next to me and was smiling at her phone like an idiot.

"What's up?" I asked nodding towards her phone.

"Oh, um, it's just a fan. Yeah. Just something a fan said," she smiled nervously. I let it drop and focused on the game. Kristen put her phone away before standing up.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she walked to the door. She just turned around and winked before opening the door. There stood my mum.

"Mum!" I screamed before jumping up and wrapping my arms around her small body.

"Liam! Oh goodness. You just keep getting more handsome! I see why Kristen has stayed so long!" she joked. "Kristen called me a week ago and told me she bought me a ticket to come visit you two! I couldn't say no! I'm gonna stay until the weekend is over. As long as it's fine with you of course," she continued with her kind smile.

"Of course you can stay! Let me show you to your room." She started up the stairs while I followed closely behind. Before I got to far up the stairs I turned around and mouthed a "thank you" to Kristen. She smiled before going back to the kitchen. I showed Mum the guest bedroom before going back downstairs to let her unpack. I had missed my mum terribly. I was so glad she could be here in London. Kristen had her back to me as she stood by the stove, making tea I guessed. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Thank you so much. For everything. I love you so much."

"Anything to make your birthday the best. I love you too."

I heard someone cough from behind us so I let go of Kristen and turned around to find my mum.

"So, tell me about your birthday party!" she smiled while sitting at the bar. Kristen and I quickly exchanged glances before I gave her an answer.

"It was... fun."

~~~

"Kristen, we need to talk," I said as I got in bed next to her.