Chapter 11: There's Funerals, Then There's Stress

Morrigan's P.O.V.

I woke up to hear a movie ending and opened my eyes and found me and Miley in movie theater seats. I lifted my head up but it felt as if I was lifting a boulder instead. "Miley." I shook her by the shoulder and she swatted me away with her hand as if I was her mom telling her to get up and go to school. "It's just Morrigan." She stirred for a minute then lifted her head. "Ohh... Right." She said looking around the theater. "We fell asleep here I guess. What time is it?" I pulled out my iPod. "5:54 in the morning. Do you think we should get out of here and go get breakfast?" I asked her. "Sure I'm hungry."

We walked to the movie theaters food court and ordered hot dogs with blue and red slushies. "That'll be nine dollars and thirty cents please." The lady said. Miley gave her the credit card and we took our food to a table near a big window where we could see the sun rising slightly. We ate in silence, too weary to speak. Miley traced the movie theater logo that was printed on the table and I stared down at my iPod. I felt like I was forgetting something...

Angel did we get everything for the funeral set up?  I asked her over a text message.

"So Mori, what do you wanna do next?" Miley asked. "We could go bowling, go shopping in that little town a few miles from here. What do you wanna do? Remember everything is on me."

"Well we could go shopping since I'm running out of clothes... Come to think of it, all I've ever really had to wear were my cousin Asuna's old clothes. I guess that would be the best idea."

"Well alright. Let's finish eating and go." Miley said slamming her head on the table with a loud thump. I laughed and took another bite of my hot dog. I was tired but I knew that I've been way more exhausted than this before.

Twinkle Twinkle

Message from: Angel

Well yeah I think so, but I don't remember setting a date for the funeral though... Why'd you text me so early I woke up cause of you.

Shit. Out of all the things I could forget, how could it be something as simple as that?

Oh okay. Get the guest list later and call everyone to see if they are busy on the 19th of September. Today is the 11th so that'll give us time to send out invitations. I'm at the movie theater with Miley. We've been here all night and fell asleep in the theater room, played laser tag, etc.

Okay I'll do that and you really don't know how to sleep do you Mori?

No I do not. Haha bye Angel go back to sleep night night.

Okay night.

I locked my iPod and looked at Miley. Her eyes were wide open as she ate and she wouldn't take her eyes off of the movie theater table. "Miley..." I said. "Miley... Helllooo?" I snapped my fingers in front of her eyes and she jumped back a bit. "Geez you scared me. I was just day dreaming Mori." She said acting as if I had just given her a heart attack. I laughed and took a sip of the blue slushy making me quiver with cold. I threw Miley's paper hot dog tray away along with mine and gripped the slushy cup watching drips of water dripping down the side. We stayed silent for a few more moments trying to gather the heavy feelings of exhaust we both felt, Miley probably felt it worse than I did though. She struggled to lift her head up without it falling back down to her shoulders in a slump. We finished our slushies and headed to the cute shop a few miles from where the movie theater was. The bus took awhile to get to arrive but we didn't mind. Miley had fallen asleep at the bus bench just as the sun had started to rise into the clear sky with only a few clouds. When the bus arrived I shook Miley awake by shaking her shoulders lightly.