Chapter 15: Maybe Being Normal Isn't my Speciality...

Morrigan's P.O.V.
*****
People were screaming around me, or at least that's all I could hear. I felt my body being moved around in mid air. I was swung back and forth like a doll in a child's arms, and I had no control to make it stop. I felt a car start up and the engine came to life with a soft purr. I was put down on my back and heard a person whispering things I couldn't understand. Then without warning I wasn't able to hear anything anymore.
*****
Miley's P.O.V.
As I sat in the car with Morrigan I could hear her tiny heart beating faster and faster every second. I put my head close to her chest and listened to her rapid breathing. How could a little girl so fragile be going through so much?

Once we arrived to her house I picked her body up and jumped out of the car, ran through her house, and into her bedroom without even thinking about her parents hearing me. If they did, they'd just see me helping their daughter. I set her on her bed and held her hand as I watched her twitch in her sleep. She moved around slightly from time to time and the only thing she would say is "sorry." Just like that, my friend had gone from a relaxed girl watching movies in the theater with me at two in the morning, to my friend that had just passed out on the sidewalk calling out sorry as if she was apologizing for being alive.
*****
Morrigan's dream
I walked down a hallway, alone during the middle of the daytime. I got to two doors that looked exactly the same except for one thing. One said live and one said die. I ran throughout the entire house yelling about the doors, but no one else was home. I arrived back at the two doors and without control my arm opened the one that said live. Through the door I saw my sixth grade class at the capital together smiling for a picture. Anthony was beside me smiling his regular breath taking smile, while my other acquaintances stood near by. For some reason it had seemed that Anthony's smile was the only thing I could really see. I smiled to myself and closed that door. Without control my hand swung towards die where I saw Tony dead on the floor with blood spilling out of his stomach...
*****
Miley's P.O.V.
I went downstairs to get some water for Morrigan along with an ice pack for her head when she woke up since she hit it pretty hard on the side walk when she passed out and smacked the back of her head against the asphalt. She was sleeping more peacefully now. She had stopped whispering sorry and now shook from time to time instead. Suddenly she jerked in her sleep, waking up partially and clawed her own arm until blood came gushing out. "What are you doing Mori!" I whispered loudly and yanked her hand away from clawing at her arm. She woke up in pain and yelped when she saw her arm. "W-what h-happened Miley?" She asked me rubbing the blood off of her arm with her other hand. I got a tissue from her nightstand and handed it to her. "T-thanks." She said wiping off the blood with the tissue instead. I smiled at her slightly, she did not return the same bright smile but rather a fragile misunderstood glance instead. I handed Morrigan the ice pack and she placed it on the back of her head gently. She winced as it touched her but calmed down soon enough. "M-Miley..." She started. "Yeah?" I asked. "What happened when I passed out?" I sighed and looked at her. She was obviously in pain by the expression on her face and she didn't look as pretty after the funeral as she did before it. Her hair was a wind risen mess, while her make up had tear stains in it, along with her eyes looking darker and more tired than I had ever seen them. "Angel and Yui took over your position and Tony's uncle Akito drove us here. I think they just thanked the guests for coming and talked to them for awhile then they left. I'm sure Jessie and Nicky cleaned up the backroom but we will have to go back down there tomorrow and clean the rest up." Morrigan nodded slowly then laid back down on her bed sighing, then choked up and started to cry. I was about to put my hand on her arm when she spoke. "G-get my iPod f-for me please." She asked. I reached over into her purse beside her desk and handed it to her. "What are you doing?" I asked her looking her crying and typing at the same time. "T-texting Anthony." She replied straightforwardly. Then she let me read the text message.
Miley has something to tell you next week when we get back from school break.
I was confused, why did I have something to tell him?
"W-why me? What do I have to tell him?" I asked in shock.
"Remember, if I couldn't tell him how I feel by the eighteenth, you said you'd do it for me." She replied winking at me while crying. "Since Monday is the eighteenth that'll be the day you tell him. You do have fourth and sixth hour with him right?" She asked me. "Yeah I do, okay girl you got me. I'll do it." Morrigan smiled wiping the tears away then stood up. "Alright let's go change. You don't have any of your clothes here so you can borrow mine." She said opening her closet and chucking a t-shirt that read Bloomington schools on it and a basic pair of leggings. "Mori, you didn't go to Bloomington, why do you have a shirt..." Suddenly it hit me. "N-never mind." I stumbled. She looked at me and smiled then picked some clothes out for herself and went in the bathroom to change while I changed in her room. I pulled the Bloomington shirt over my head but it didn't smell like Morrigan, it smelled like Tony. "Oh Mori..." I sighed into the shirt. After I got the leggings back on I heard something. Twinkle twinkle. It was Morrigan's iPod buzzing from a new message. I picked up her rubber iPod case and read the message on the front screen.
From Anthony Zena
What does she need to tell me?
I paused for a second and smiled.
Something very important. I typed back.
Like a confession or something? He asked.
Something like that. I replied. Morrigan walked back into the room and I showed her the messages. She laughed. "Clever." We both went down to the kitchen to make something to eat since none of us are much at the funeral. Mori got instant ramen out of her cabinet while I got two bowls. Mori got two pots with water and we both waited for them to boil. We went outside onto Mori's porch and took in the fresh air. It was nice out here. Big trees, a decent sized yard, and in the middle a trampoline.

That gave me an idea. A very stupid but memorable idea. I laughed to myself. "What's so funny?" Mori asked. "N-nothing." I said. "Let's go check on the water." I lead her back inside and turned around towards the backyard one last time until tonight.