Chapter 16: The Devil is Among Us

Miley's P.O.V.
After we ate our ramen Morrigan went to change into her pajamas. The second she walked upstairs I went outside into the early evening air. It was still about seventy degrees out, perfect for what I was planning tonight. I went to the basement to find Morrigan's sleeping bags. There was literally everything I could imagine down here. Curtains, chairs, broken doors, keys, tables, lamps, broken and shattered statues, necklaces, blankets, rings, flower pots, and finally sleeping bags next to an old door. One red and one pink. The pink one was dense and probably meant for camping in the winter or on the mountains. The red one seemed more normal, and light. I slugged the pink one over my right shoulder and the red one over my left and carried some blankets in my arms. After I got it upstairs I heard Morrigan coming downstairs from her room. I threw the blankets and sleeping bags out the deck door and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and pretended to be on social media. "Hey Miley, what's up?" She asked grabbing an apple off of her counter and bit into it "Nothing just texting Yui." Which wasn't completely a lie. I told her to go on a date with Angel tonight to celebrate their new found love, then shoved the phone back into my pocket. "So what do you wanna do now?" Morrigan asked. It was still too early to go to sleep so I said the next best thing. "Let's make cupcakes."
*****
Morrigan's P.O.V.
I was very confused when Miley started acting girly and said we should make cupcakes. It wasn't like her to do these kind of things but I said yes anyways. We pulled up a recipe on Pinterest and got out all of the ingredients. "Mori, what color do you want the cupcakes to be?" Miley yelled from across the kitchen while I dug in our storage closet for sugar. "Hmmm red." I yelled back. She found red food die under some napkins in my cabinet and sighed. "You guys really need to clean this place up. When I went to the b-" she stopped mid sentence. "When I went to the... Bathroom there were ponytail holders everywhere." She said rushed. I stared at her dazed. "Uh Miley... We don't have any pony tail holders in either of my bathrooms. Remember, I have short hair and so does my mom..." I said very confused. She went bright red and stuttered. "W-what color d-do you want the f-frosting." She said turning her back on me and headed back to the cabinet. "W-white." I said then brushed our conversation away. "I told Yui to go on a date with Angel." Miley said starting up a new conversation. "W-why would you tell them to do that exactly?" I said. "Well..." She started while mixing ingredients into a bowl. "You made them learn to love each other every moment they could, I'd say they found a new way to celebrate their relationship so why not let them celebrate?" She asked mixing stuff together in a bowl. "Yeah why not let them celebrate on the day of Tony's funeral." I muttered. I then walked over to help Miley make frosting. It was quiet, my parents weren't home, I don't think they'd be coming home again tonight. I sighed, but Miley noticed my silent sadness of a broken family that wasn't together. She turned on the radio on by my kitchen table and took my hand, twirling me around so I'd be happy enough to make cupcakes and dance. I smiled brightly at her, she had helped me more than imaginable today, the least I could do was be happy for her. I took a wooden spoon from inside the metal bowl and flicked some cupcake batter at her. When it splashed on her face she screamed in delight and squirted frosting in my face, making me not able to see. I wiped a finger across my cheek and ate the frosting from it, the laughed in an unknown laugher. After she had dumped a small bowl of flour down my shirt and bra I threw an egg at her head. Next thing we knew we were having a cupcake ingredient war. Bombs or sugar and flour flew across the small kitchen along with raindrops of frosting and food dye. Once we finally got all our cupcakes in the actual oven instead of on our bodies we sighed looking back at the disastrous kitchen. Eggs stuck to the windows, frosting coated the floor, and flour was all over the wall. We started laughing until we heard the doorbell ring. Miley stared at me with fear, hoping it wasn't my parents after the huge mess we had just made.

I opened the door to see Yui and Angel standing there together with a sleeping bag in each of their arms. "I had a feeling you guys would both be here together." Angel said glaring a smile at me. "Hey Mori, do you have any clothes?" Yui asked me. "Angel still hasn't taught me how to do laundry yet so I don't have any clean clothes really." I could tell given the fact that Yui was still wearing her funeral dress hours after the funeral had ended. I nodded "Let's go check my closet, I need to dump the flower out of my bra anyways." I said laughing a bit and dragged Yui by her arm upstairs to my room to get her some clothes.
*****
Angel's P.O.V.
Miley stared at me with egg yokes, flour, and frosting covering her entire body. I burst into wild laughter at the sight of her. "W-what's so funny?" Miley asked. I smiled. "Just the sight of you makes me want to puke." I said quietly. Miley looked taken aback and she came towards me. "W-why would you say something like that?" She asked. I shook my head back and forth slowly making sure the emotion finally sunk in. "Don't you see what I'm doing here?" I asked Miley. "I started that fight with Rin in order to get close to Morrigan again, in order to get close to her friend Yui." I said walking closer to Miley until I was a few feet into the house. "I've always loved Yui." Angel said stepping farther into the house, pushing Miley up towards the wall. "I knew Morrigan and her were friends, that's the only reason I came back. Soon I'll be off with Yui, away from you and that gross girl who can only afford free clothes and throws eggs, flour, and frosting at people for fun." Miley's face went blank, then burst into furry and rage. "Do you have ANY IDEA what Morrigan had to go through for the past few years?!" Miley screamed at me then slammed me against the wall. "SHE TRIED SO HARD TO PROTECT YOU EVER SINCE YOU WERE KIDS! SHE TRIES HER BEST FOR YOU, FOR YUI, FOR ME, AND FOR TONY-" "But then where is Tony now?" I said interrupting her. Then I started smirking. "Ask yourself Miley, where is Tony now?" I shoved her off of me making her tumble to the floor. "He's buried underground, left to rot because of her mistakes. If she truly would've done her best, Tony would be alive right now, wouldn't he?" Miley stood up and grabbed me by the throat. "Don't you EVER say she didn't try hard enough." She said growling now. "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YUI WAS ABOUT TO DIE?" She asked me. "I would've died with her." Angel said. "Simple as that. Oh and Miley." I said walking into Morrigan's kitchen. "What you little rich bitch?" She snarled at me. "Clean up your wardrobe with this." I said throwing a one hundred dollar bill at her from out of my purse. Miley caught it, and ripped it into a million pieces, then ate the ripped up money. "How does that suit your fancy?" I stared at her in shock, then she laughed. "I won't let you win, Angel. I won't let Morrigan be hurt again. Mostly by the likes of you." Miley picked up a spatula from a bowl in the kitchen along with a frosting tube and squirt it down my bra and in my face, just as Morrigan walked down the stairs. "Miley? What's going on here?"

To be continued