Chapter 31: The Next Soul

Morrigan's P.O.V.

A couple months later 

*** 

It was now mid afternoon and I was standing by the window gazing out into the sky. The March shine of snow coming down and 2015 had gotten off to a start while ago. Mason sat on the couch writing something on his laptop. The clicking of the keyboard was calming, soothing to hear no screaming or crying for once in awhile.

I stretched my arms over my head and sat down beside Mason who seemed to be talking with Tyler over Skype by messages. I glanced out the window seeing it was still snowing, despite it almost being spring. I switched on the TV feeling Mason look over at me worried. I turned down the volume and looked him.

"Something wrong?" I asked him.

"Morrigan, I think I want to try and go home." He took a breath."I think I want to try to talk to my brothers and ask why they pick on me. I want to know what I did that was so wrong that they beat me. I really want to know." He said gathering his breath. "You did not do anything to make me want to leave your house. This journey is just for me and to sooth my mind and find out what made them despise me."

I turned off the TV without taking my eyes off of him. What was he thinking? If he got trapped there again, or worse, beaten up again, how would he survive?

"Mason I know this is important to you, but aren't you worried that they might never let you come back?" I said. "They might capture you forever just to torture you." I said looking in his brown eyes. Those eyes shone back sadness into my own and I really wanted to cry for him.

"I promise I'll make it back, okay? I'll be back here by dinner time I promise, so please let me go?" He asked prying me with a lonely face.

My mind told me no, because I thought he could be beaten to death. But my heart told me yes because this was something that he wanted to do, and after all, I'm not his mom. I can't tell him he can't go.

"Okay you can, but, please try to be back here by seven for dinner agreed?"

He hugged me tight. "Agreed." He got up, took his phone and bag in his hands and held out his arms for another hug. 

I laughed and got up and gave him a tight hug.

"I'll be just fine no matter what happens little Mori." Mason said laughing a warm laugh.

"Of course." I said smiling. "This is something you need to know for yourself." 

We walked to the front door and as he opened it we smiled at each other.

"See you at seven." He said looking at me.

"See you then buddy." I closed the door then as he just walked out into the light snow fading away.

Soon he disappeared into the white mist of mid March, and all I could see were his foot prints.

*****

Mason's P.O.V.

***

I turned down the road to my terribly devastating house. It was quiet for once, it seemed they went inside to escape the pretty things like new snow.

I was about to knock on the door to see that it was slightly open already. It was my house so I figured that I can just go in anyway.

I tip toed up the stairs to hear yelling and screaming. It sounded like my parents and my oldest brother fighting. Eliot stood near my mom and was screaming things I couldn't exactly put together.

"I don't want to be here anymore!" My brother screamed and did something I've never seen him do before. He was crying. He was really crying.

"You and Dad have made such big problems for me, to the point where I won't even be able to pass high school! None the less even get into college!" He was holding something in his pocket. Something dangerous. I was scared now more than ever.