Chapter 25: Saving the Lost.

Morrigan's P.O.V.

Months flew by to December and I have to say, it's the loneliest I've ever been and ever will be. I haven't seen Angel in three months, and Yui is destroyed completely. I sat on my couch staring at the wall of my living room. I turned my head around in all different directions and I swear every place I looked I could find multiple memories of my friends when we all loved and lived with each other in harmony. Since Tony passed away things have gone in a terrible direction. Two of Tony's other friends Mason and Tyler also weren't doing the best either and missed him very much. Every chance they got they asked me to visit the graveyard to go see him. And every time they asked me I said yes.

incoming call from 'Mason'

"Hello?"

"H-hey Morrigan... it's Mason."

"Yeah I know I have caller ID what do you need?" I asked in a slightly bitchy tone.

"S-Sorry to bother you but would it be okay if I slept over at your house tonight?" he asked sounding as though he was going to cry.

"Y-yes, but, why exactly? Is everything okay?" I asked hesitating.

"N-No not exactly. C-can we talk about this when I get over there?" The more he talked the more I knew he was desperate.

"Yeah, you can come over right away if you wish."

"Okay I will thank you so so much Morrigan"

"It's no problem Mason. See you soon."

click

I slowly got up and got extra sheets from my bathroom closet for the extra bed in my room. I've been living alone for awhile now. As in no one else is living in my room with me. My parents were still here, but not truly present. Usually watching tv or arguing about useless things that no one I knew should or would care about. But at least it wasn't as bad as before when they were gone for weeks. That was brutal.

I finished making up the guest bed and getting some snacks for my room just as the doorbell rang. I jumped down the stairs and opened the door to see Mason standing there with a small target bag and huge tired lines under his eyes. Making it look as if he was playing video games without sleeping for days.

"Hey, what happened? You look like crap." I said smirking at him. He returned the smile and sighed.

"You know my brothers... they can be a real pain since I share a room with both of them. They said every time I fall asleep and they catch me sleeping they will beat me up so I don't sleep. It's their new way of torturing me lately ahaha." he said faking a laugh and looking quite exhausted. It was currently 7pm and I didn't know if he wanted to sleep yet.

"I swear if I see those boys any time soon I'm going to beat the living hell out of them for you. But before that happens, would you wanna sleep right away or some coffee first?" I asked

"Coffee." Mason said giggling a bit.

"Roger that." I got up and made some coffee for him and hot chocolate for me along with turkey sandwiches for the both of us. I brought it into the living room and he sat there doing nothing. Just twiddling his thumbs together as if he was thinking of leaving in fear or staying to actually sleep. I placed down the food in front of him and he thanked me with his smile. He has always had a nice warm smile but rarely was it ever seen since his family really started beating him down mentally and sometimes physically. And for the both of us, Tony's death. We ate in silence except for the murmurs of the outside wind. Early December was starting out to be truly depressing for the both of us. But I'm still not sure which one of us had it worse.

After we were done eating Mason stared at his feet blankly and then spoke.

"T-Tyler recently broke up with me..." he said choking a bit. I knew they had been dating since late September. I thought they would've lasted for a long time.

"Why? What happened?" I asked with shock in my voice.

"H-he's changing. There are bullies at school who disapprove of us being together and he said to me 'if you ever come near me again I will beat you like your brothers.' I guess that's when I knew it was truly over." A few tears dropped from his eyes onto the glass plate and glossed away. I got up and pulled him to his feet and hugged him gently. Being careful not to hurt the places his brothers had punched and kicked. Mason soon started full out crying on my shoulder and hugged me back while shaking. I knew he was in true real pain. I hated to see such a sweet person like this change overnight.

"Mason you will always have a place here, okay?" I said patting him gently on his back to make him feel safe.

"T-thank you Morrigan. You're r-really sweet." Still crying and hugging each other we felt a little bit more at peace.

"Tony." I whispered under my breath. "We all miss you... Mason and I will never forget you. I promise."

******

About an hour later me and Mason were in my room talking about school and how living in our houses was going.

After brushing his teeth Mason fell asleep in the guest bed. I watched him sleep without interruption and as he seemed so peaceful I thought to myself.

'Well, maybe this doesn't have to be a guest bed anymore.'

A/N

I'm sorry for not updating. My summer has been rough for me. I'm handling a new job and I hope you guys can forgive me. -Morrigan