Chapter 19: Things Happen

Monday morning, the day of the confession

Morrigan's P.O.V.

"You remember what today is right?" I said poking Miley's ribs on the bus. "You mean the day we all die in the cafeteria because they're serving sloppy joes that put Emily in the hospital last year?" She asked shivering and making gagging noises. "No, well yes and no but it's confession day, remember?" I said staring at her with a glare in my eyes. She slammed her face in her hands. "Ugh I totally forgot about that." I giggled and picked her in the ribs. "Come onnnnn do it for Mori!" I said making her laugh.
"Okay, okay. But only because you deserve it." She said fixing my hair for me. "You really need a hair cut." Miley said tossing my hair around on my head. "I know I know that's what I've been telling my parents for months but they're too busy ignoring me to know that I'm alive." I said getting off the bus with her. "Where have your parents been lately?" Miley asked me and I felt my everything go numb. "I-I... I don't know but I'll find out one day I guess..." I said slowly but smiled to assure her. "Let's go!" I said dragging her by the arm through our school doors.

***

"Come on, it's not gonna be that embarrassing." I told Miley at her locker. "Just ask him how he feels about me, I'm sure he won't think it's weird." She laughed nervously and sighed. "Aw come on don't sigh." I said. "You know you love me." I said nudging her. "Yeah yeah shush your mouth child." She said wrapping her sweater tightly around her. Even if it was just the beginning of fall the temperature seems to be dropping too quickly.

We arrived into the main hallways and Miley and I parted our ways since we both had different classes first hour. As I slammed my stuff into my locker I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned my head around and saw no one there. At that time, for the first time, I accepted that if Tony was there I needed all the help I could get from him even if he was in heaven.

*****

"Miley?" I whispered down the hallway ten minutes before 6th hour ended. "Where are you?" She jumped around the corner in front of my face and I felt my heart beat faster. "Well Jesus you almost gave me a heart attack!" I said almost shouting. "Shhh." She said covering my mouth. "I asked him." My heart dropped and raised at the same time and I wondered why. "W-what happened?" I asked feeling unknown emotions rise in me. "He said he couldn't tell me what he felt for you but by the red look on his face... Mori I know he likes- no. Loves you."

*****

I couldn't eat dinner that night I was far too excited. I kept asking myself a bunch of questions in my mind and some out loud since my parents weren't home when my iPod buzzed.

Miley: Has he asked you anything yet?

No

Miley: Dang it :(

It's okay I mean maybe he didn't think anything of it.

Miley is typing...

Miley: Mori don't say that, you can't say that. I swear you can't say that after the look he gave me at that question. For the rest of the day he kept smiling like a damn idiot. Trust me I'd know I have him in two of my other classes and he seemed so hopeful and happy.

I just don't wanna text him first and make it seem like I'm dying for his attention or anything. Anyways what chu doing?

Incoming message from Anthony Zena
Miley asked me a question today, I wanted to know if you had anything to do with it.

My heart suddenly froze. What was I supposed to say or do? "Come on get it together." I say slapping myself in the face.

What did she ask you exactly?

Zena: She asked if I had feelings for you.

Oh, what was your response to that question?

Zena: I said I couldn't tell her.

Well, what did you want to say?

Zena is typing...

Zena: Listen I know this might be awkward, and that we've only known each other for one year but Mori I really like you. More than a friend, I'm sorry if this creeps you out.

Not at all because I feel the same about you. I know I was sort of a mess back in 6th grade, my friend was going through a rough time and I skipped school a lot to help him and he died just a few weeks ago. Thank you for caring about me, not many people do anymore. I learned that the hard way.

Zena: Do you wanna talk about it over a Skype call? Or tomorrow during passing time? I'd love to try and help you as much as I can.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I forced them back inside and smiled to myself.

Yes.

A/N

Okay I know short chapter for someone who hasn't updated in a long time and I hope you guys don't hate me for making Angel the bad girl again, but I thought it would be funny to have someone named Angel, become very evil. I'm going to try and update this every Friday from now on because I realize how lazy I've been. Hope you guys enjoy.

-Nya