Chapter 13: Some Funerals Are Better Than Others

Morrigan's P.O.V.

I hadn't slept at all that night except for about five minutes until I had a dream about Tony's death happening over again, except worse.

"Tony." I had called out into an abyss of darkness. "Where are you?"

"Here." He had said and pulled me into his closet forcefully. "Morrigan it's your fault." He said. "What's my fault Tony?" I asked shaking from head to toe. His grip on my arm had not loosened even the slightest bit, if anything he held on tighter when I shook.

"Don't be scared, Morrigan." He whispered. "Be very scared. Very scared indeed. Because what's going to happen now is all your fault, Mori." After the last word fled his mouth his stabbed himself through the heart repeating "All your fault, all your fault, all your fault..." His nails dug into my skin and I screamed in pain jolting up from my dream screaming at the top of my lungs.

Miley's P.O.V.

I heard a scream that early morning. "M-Morrigan?" I said drowsily rubbing my eyes and checked the alarm clock which read 3:21am. "M-Mori are you okay?" The scream only grew louder. I flung open my bedroom door and dashed out into the living room to find Morrigan screaming her head off beside the couch where she must've been sleeping. "MILEY IT'S EVERYWHERE BLOOD EVERYWHERE!" She yelled hyperventilating. "Mori..." I said walking to the spot where she was sitting and grabbed her by the shoulders forcing her to look me in the eyes. "It's okay, you just had a dream it's okay... I promise it's okay..." I said feeling her shoulders slump back into their original position. I pulled her into a tight hug and I could hear her hammering heart beat when I hugged her. "You must be in so much pain, Mori." I said smoothing her short collar bone lenght brown hair out. "I-I'm not sure what is going to happen to you, or what is happening to you right now exactly but I want you to know that-that I'm so sorry... If I could have done something helpful for you I would have in an instant. Instead all I did was spend money on you for things that you didn't want me to get, and things that wouldn't last forever. The memories of yesterday are gone already and just remain of something that once was. I should've helped you with the funeral more than anything I did yesterday. I'm so sorry..."

She pulled away from me and wiped the tears off her face. Her hand over her heart, she breathed rapidly and nervously. "Miley, the things you did with me yesterday will remain in my memory until I lose my memory. I would say they'd last forever but to be honest I'm sure that's not possible. I have a terrible memory in general, but I promise, as long as I remember you I'll remember those memories we made as well." She took a breath and continued. "I know that I am a mess, and honestly I am in so much pain my heart feels as if it's gaining weight. More now than ever. You've helped me so much, all the fun we've had was more than I could've ever asked for. So I want to thank you Miley... Thank you, so much." She hugged me and cried quietly. We sat there on the floor, crying and possibly losing our minds at three in the morning. A few minutes later we sat down on my living room couch and I fell asleep watching Morrigan look out the window counting the stars as they disappeared from my view of the real world and appeared into my dreams instead.

Morrigan's P.O.V.

Miley had fallen asleep sometime between four and five in the morning. I didn't realize until I had turned around and saw her wrapped in a blanket and hugging a pillow. She looked peaceful asleep. When she was awake she was always filled with this bright passion and energy that I wish I still had within me. I got up carefully so I didn't disturb Miley and walked out into her backyard. It was a tiny backyard that had two little baby tress in it along with pretty green grass that sparkled in the early sun rise light. Checking my iPod I saw that it was now six in the morning. Only six more hours until the funeral started, and I knew with all of my heart it was going to be the hardest thing I've ever done and will ever have to do in my entire life. I sat down in a plastic lawn chair and checked Instagram for a bit to see that Yui had posted something new with Angel and I tagged in the picture. It was a post about the funeral home along with a picture of the graveyard Tony would be buried this afternoon. The caption read: Come watch our old friend Tony Alex Aleston be moved into a better place than earth. Join us from 12pm-about 2pm. After the main service we will have food available themed like the funeral. Then we will all walk to the graveyard to watch Tony be buried and say a few words about him. Please be our guests but I will have to accept you over a personal message since there are limited seats. Thank you. 531 likes, 397 comments. Posted 47 minutes ago.