Chapter 12: We Might Be Mentally Crazy

Morrigan's P.O.V.

Miley and I got to the funeral home thirty minutes later, breathless and so tired we fell to the floor. We ran from the bus stop near the book store straight to the funeral home without stopping for one second. Angel dragged me off the floor and onto the red couch along with Miley. We tossed the shopping bags with the two sweatshirts and my white silk dress on the floor beside us.
"You guys both look like shit! What happened to you two?" Yui asked looking at our worn out bodies lying limp on the couch.

"W-w-we... We stayed out on the town all night. P-played laser tag with these crazy people and basically stayed up all night but I g-got your message about the funeral just as I was at a clothing store, so I bought a white dress for tomorrow. Miley's coming to the funeral tomorrow so I made sure she h-had one at home and she does. How many people are coming exactly?" I said in a sputtered breath.

"Around thirty." Angel said. "We need to set up tables with red cloth and get the food tables set out for tomorrow and we have only less than twenty four hours to do this so let's get going!" She concluded.

Yui pecked her on the cheek and everyone set off to work. Miley and I carried extra tables from the storage room out to the back room where everyone would be eating after the funeral and burying ceremony while Yui and Angel put red velvet chairs in the main room along with two more red couches against two other walls. After that we all went to the storage room to find a basic computer and a printer for us to print invitations.

"What color should they be..." Angel pondered twirling her hair while sitting in a chair.

"Maybe red... Maybe white?" Yui said sitting on her lap.

"Not to worry I already know what I'm going to to." I said to both of them.

I opened up the Card Machine application on the computer and proceeded to make red colored cards in fancy gold cursive writing. After everyone else approved them we wrote the time, date, and what everyone should wear. Men would wear a white and black tux or a plain white shirt with white dress pants. Women would wear a white or cream dress or white shirt and pants.

It was nearly three in the afternoon by the time we got all the food from the freezer into the fridge so it could thaw out a bit before tomorrow. Miley collapsed on the floor with a sigh and fell asleep instantly. Angel and Yui fell asleep on the couch together holding hands. Smiling at all of them I opened my iPod to find that it had died sometime between when we got here or when we were working.

I took the charger out of my bag and while it regained its power I decided to put that sweatshirt on again that Miley had bought for me. I went back to the couch that Angel and Yui were sleeping on and grabbed the bag on the floor next to them and took out the sweatshirt. It was fluffy on the inside and comforting on the outside. I put it on and felt relief stride over me. I felt at peace with the demons of my past and fell asleep at once right there on the floor.

*****

Miley's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sunset glaring through the funeral home window that hurt my eyes extremely. Everyone around me was sound asleep still.

"What time is it?" I asked myself drowsily. I picked up Morrigan's ipod up off the floor from where it had been charging and glanced at the time. It was 6:03 in the evening.

"Guys. Guys. Come on get up we should eat something before we starve." I whispered loud enough to wake them from their deep sleep. Morrigan flipped her head up making her light brown hair swish.