Chapter 33: What Happens When Tyler Finds Out?

Tyler's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning to hearing my phone ring, then it stopped ringing. I slowly got up and grabbed my phone to see something alarming.

Morrigan Streeta 37 missed calls.

Oh shit. That was all I could think.

I dialed her back right away and she answered on the first ring.

"Tyler!" She screeched. I gritted my teeth to her loudness so early in the morning.

"Ah what? What the hell happened? 37 missed calls?" I asked wirily not able to truly wake up.

"Check the news on channel eight now." She said harshly.

"Okay, okay, but can you tell me what's going on?" I asked as I opened my laptop to check the live news broadcast.

"I-I can't even talk about it without crying." She said sniffling over the phone.

"Mori what are you talking ab-" I started, then stopped.

There on the main page when I scrolled down was a story about Mason.

"Watch it, please." She said, then started crying heavily and hung up.

I dropped my phone on my bed and my heart jumped to my stomach as I clicked on the story.

Young boy dies when the older brother tried to kill their Mother. This story involves a family who only wanted to go by their first names. Click on the video below for the whole story.

I clicked on the live broadcast and my heart desolved in shock.

"A young boy the age of sixteen died yesterday evening after an angry brother who had a grudge against his parents tried to shoot his Mother for drug abuse and other varying issues, but instead he accidentally shot his younger brother by the name of Mason yesterday, March 27th. Mason came home for the first time in months as the older brother Eliot was in a heated serious argument with his Mother. Things were heating up, so the younger boy Mason decided to watch from around the corner in the distance. Eliot says Mason must have saw the gun from Eliot's pocket before hand, and when Eliot pulled out the gun to shoot his Mother, he shot Mason instead when Mason decided to jump in front of his Mother to save her life."

The news broadcast started a different story and I closed my laptop slowly.

"My boyfriend is dead." I said to myself. I curled into a small ball on my bed and my eyes refused to blink. I couldn't accept what I just heard. Mason can't be dead. There's no way that Eliot could've done that. There's no way.

"Mason..." I said spacing out. I picked up my phone and dialled Mason's number.

It rang once then went to voice message.

The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected or is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.

"He's dead." I repeated to myself in my empty barren room. I locked the door of my room and collapsed on the floor crying my heart out.

The person I loved more than anyone was gone, and we had a mixed relationship before he died too. What was I supposed to do?

***

Two days later

Morrigan's P.O.V.

Mason's funeral was held today, and honestly, it's was an awful thing to witness. When his family got up to and talk about him, they didn't say much besides how Mason was nice. They didn't know anything about him. Tyler knew more than they did, it was heart wrenching to watch. Tyler poured his heart out about Mason, but his brothers, sisters, and parents could barely say a few words.