Chapter 14~ Updated Picture

Tobias POV
"Would you stop pacing, you're going to put a hole in the carpet for God's sack!" Tris scolds. She's looking at me, a hand on her hip the other holding lip stick she was about to put on.

I did it. I called my mother back, and agreed to see her and bring Tris along with me. We're meeting at a local café and over the phone I could hear how excited she was to see us.

Surprisingly, Tris seems excited too.  She dressed in a casual yet fancy looking cream tank top and some light brown shorts. With matching shoes and other girl accessories.

I go sit on the edge of the bed, resting my face in the palms of my hands. Not too late after, I feel a hand. A comforting hand.

"You sure you want to do this?" Tris asks, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Yes." I say, but right as I say that the shaking starts.

"You don't have to." She tells me.

"I know, but it's the right thing." I say. And a small part of me wants to see her, see my mother.

"Okay, let's go love." Tris says and kisses my head softly, but her touch still lingers.

****
"Tobias, you have to get out." Tris says standing outside my side of the car window. She drove us since I was too nervous.

"Do I have to?" I ask, still fully strapped in.

"Yes." Tris says her arms crossed.

I sigh and finally get out of the car.

"Just breathe, it'll be fine." She says and slides one of her hands in mine.

We walk through the doors of the small warm café and I look at all the people, trying tosspot my mother. And sure enough I do, sitting in a booth towards the back. She's reading a book with her head facing down, but I still know it's her. She's one person I can't forget.

I walk with Tris by my side will we reach her table.

She looks up and her face looks the same, except for a few things pointing her age is growing.

"Tobias." She whispers.

I take a breathe, "Mother." I say.

We look at each other for a moment, but then I remember Tris.

I clear my voice, "This.. This is Tris." I say.

"Tris, this is my mother Evelyn." I say introducing them.

My mother stand and hugs Tris. "Tobias never mentioned that you were this beautiful." She tells her and Tris smiles.

We all sit down and an awkward silence grows. "So, how have you been?" Evelyn speaks up.

"Good. We both started college a few weeks ago, and we got an apartment months ago." I say.

"Well I'm glad you no longer live with your father." She comments taking a sip of her tea, steam drifting up from the cup.

I scoff, "You didn't think that when you left me with him." I snap.

"Tobias." Tris says. 

"No, no. It's fine Hun." Evelyn says to Tris.

"Tobias, it was the worst mistake I ever made. You have to understand that." She says.

"I don't. I can't, I can't possibly understand why you would abandon you son and leave him with a man the abused him every fucking day." I say to her, not being able to yell. But my voice shows how mad I am.