Chapter 28~ Best Friends and Best Man

Tobias POV

"Don't fall. Don't forget you vows, or start to stutter because you're nervous." I say to Zeke as we look in the mirror. Side by side, standing in our suits.

"You're a really great motivator." Zeke says, his voice blunt yet sarcastic.

I laugh, turning to him. Looking at him you can see that all he is, is a bundle of nerves. Scared out of his wits for the things happening in less than an hour.

"I'm really happy for you." I tell him honestly, my voice becoming serious.

Zeke smiles a little, contemplating teasing me due to my sappy vulnerability but chooses not to.

"It's you next." He says, nudging my shoulder. I smile small, looking down at my shoes. Knowing deep down he's right, Tris and I will be walking that aisle next.

"Where's Uriah?" I ask, fixing my tie- that really doesn't need to be fixed.

"He's sitting with Marlene, I just wanted you up there. He'll be in the front row, and Marlene will have to ditch him to be a bridesmaid." Zeke jokes, and slaps my hand as I go to touch my tie again.

"Who's the nervous one now?" Zeke questions, in a mocking tone.

"I'm not nervous." I insist.

"You seem nervous to me." I hear a soft voice say from the doorway, turning I spot my girl.

She's dressed in a beautiful ruby red dress, that falls to the floor and pools at her feet. Jewels wrapping around her waist in a almost belt like fashion, and a it goes over one shoulder. It fits her amazingly and she looks stunning.

She walks over to me, her heels clicking on the floor.

"You look great Zeke." Tris smiles telling him.

"Thanks Tris, I should get ready to go out. I'll leave you two." He says, nodding at us.

Now it's only us in the small room, but still all I can look at is how breathtaking she looks in her dress.

"You look... amazing love." I say, and kiss her forehead, not wanting her lip gloss on my own lips.

"Thank you. And you look very handsome." She says, running her hands over my suit.

"I'd say you look prettier than a bride, but I probably shouldn't say that." I say, making her crack a small laugh.

"Shauna looks more beautiful than I do, and she's so nervous." Tris says as we walk to the door.

"Is she?"

"Yes, she hasn't put opal down. And she's afraid he's going to stand her up, although I don't know why." Tris says.

"Wedding day jitters. And to make her feel better, Zeke's nervous." I say, and see Marlene and Christina in the lobby of the church where this is all taking place.

They both wear read as well, all the dressed differing from one another's though.

"I'm happy you'll be up there with him." Tris tells me, holding my hands as we walk closer to everyone. I nod, "Me too."

****

Tris's POV

"And do you, Shauna Elizabeth Jones take Ezekiel Andrew Pedrad to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The preacher asks, and zeke rolls his eyes at his full name. (A/n: Made shauna a last name... can't remember if she had one in the books.) They're about to kiss and I'm close to crying. Holding Opal in my lap, she watches her mother and father.

Shauna looks absolutely beautiful today, her dress hugging all her curves and the satin fabric glistens in the light.

"I do." She says, her peach colored lips smiling.

"By the power invested in me by God and the state of Illinois, you may kiss the bride."

Zeke takes Shuana's face in his hands and kisses her like it'll be their last time.

We all erupt in cheers and all stand up.

I balance Opal on my hip and take her little hand to cheer her now married parents on.

As I watch them, I can't help but imagine Tobias and I getting to do this. Get married, and have a family of our own.

"What are you thinking about?" Tobias whispers in my ear as they run back down the aisle.

I look up at him, his deep blue ocean eyes staring back at me.

"Nothing." I smile at him, feeling him kiss my cheek.

A/N: Hey all! Bad update I know. Hope to get better ones and longer ones... :)