Chapter 16~ Rareness

A/N: pic above is Spencer

Tris POV
"Hey Tris." I hear a man's voice say as I close my locker. I turn to see Spencer standing there. "Hey!" I say with a smile.

"I was wondering if you might think about helping me out. I'm failing global studies and you're practically the best student in there." He says and I laugh.

"I'm not but thanks. And yeah sure I'll help you out. We can either do it in the library here or you can come over to my place." I tell him as we start to walk.

"Are you sure? Isn't your boyfriend gonna be home, freak and I'll have to visit the emergency room??" Spencer says and I laugh, half because of the way he said it but the other because there's bits of truth there.

"Perhaps." I joke and we walk into study hall, taking seat near each other and I left a seat empty beside me for Tobias-who if doesn't come soon will be late.

"Tris!" Uriah says and I whip my head back to see him waving. The teacher has a seat specifically for him- in the back so she can keep an eye on him.

"What?" I ask.

"Hi!" He says and I laugh. Although he has an assigned seat, he doesn't stay there long. He's always kicked out for being a 'disturbance.'

The bell rings right as Tobias walks in. Walking swiftly with a text book in hand, and looking sexy in his jeans and leather jacket. He takes the seat beside me and squeezes my thigh quickly yet lightly.

"Where were you?" I ask whispering now.

"My locker was jammed. Thanks to Zeke who decided to steal my combination and stuff his extra bag in there." He says and his frustration makes me laugh.

"Hey, so I'm gonna help Spencer with global studies and I'm bringing him home so we can work." I tell him and at first it's like I'm taking to a wall. Then he speaks up, "Why home?" "Less distractions." I state simply.

He nods and opens the science text book he brought in. He has an exam today and he's actually studying.

I know that a big part of him is unhappy about it all, but trying not to show it for me.

"I know I know... I'm going." Uriah says making his way up the rows and toward the door.

"Yes, I know where to go." He says to the teacher while leaving and leaving us all in giggles.

****

"This is it!" I say showing Spencer around the apartment. Tobias is at the gym right now, claiming it's for sports. But I think its so he's not around spencer and to take his anger out on a punching bag. Not someone's- spencer's- face.

"Nice place you have here." He says setting his bag down in the living room where we decided to work.

"Thanks." "Four picked it out?"

"Yep. Picked it out, paid for it. And asked me to move in." I say as we take a seat on the cushions.

"How were you so sure?" Spencer asks.

I shrug. "I don't think I fully was. I just knew that I loved Four and that this was the right decision." I say.

"It's cute." "What is?" I ask.

"You two. I mean... you don't see this love or devotion as strong in society anymore. It's rare." Spencer tells me and I look down blushing. A warm feeling growing in my chest.

"Thank you." I say. "And yeah, I know very few who are deeply devoted to each other." I say, thinking of Zeke and Shauna's amazing relationship.

"You're a lucky girl." He says. "Yeah... what about you? How come you don't have a girlfriend handsome?" I ask, trying to turn the spotlight off me.

He laughs. "I did, for three years." He says. "What happened?"

"She cheated on me with her ex. In our bed, in our apartment." Spencer says and I can relate in some way.

"How'd you get over it, or through it?" I ask, looking deep in his eyes.

"I had my faith. I grew up with the knowledge that no matter who let me down, or what ever I went through... I was never alone." Spencer says and when he speaks he does it with a passion I've never seen.

"I like thatThat's rare, a man who turns to faith instead of a bottle or drugs in days like today." I tell him.

He smiles at me, and I do the same. "Four's a lucky bastard I'll tell you that." Spencer says with a smirk making me laugh.

A/N: Hey all! Finally an update! Sorry for the delay and if this isn't great sorry. At least it's an update. Thanks and hope you like it!