Chapter 22~ Bucket List

Tris POV

"She truly is precious." I tell Shauna as she picks up Opal in her arms. She dressed her in a pink flower dress with a white hat to match. And little tiny baby socks- that make me instantly smile.

"She is isn't she." Shauna says looking down at her daughter. Zeke's sleeping since he was up all night with Opal I hear, and Shauna invited me over to chat.

"How's Zeke?" I ask as we walk over to the couch.

"He's great. I mean overtired and a bit grouchy in the mornings." Shauna says making me laugh.

"But he's a wonderful daddy, much better than I had pictured."

"That's really good, I'm sure she'll be a daddy's girl." I say bopping Opal noise, making her squeal.

"How's Tobias?" She asks.

I sigh. "He's alright. He's been quiet lately and a bit off. I mean the funeral last month wasn't easy and the whole change of having his mother back into his life hasn't been easy either." I tell Shauna.

"What have you done to try and I don't know, cheer him up?" She asks, getting up and placing Opal in a baby chair that has toys connected to it. Then sits back down beside me.

"Umm, we go out sometimes. On walks to talk or to dinner. But he's been very isolated so we don't do too much." I say sadly.

"Zeke and I did this over the summer but have you ever tried doing things on one of your guy's bucket list?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"Well just look at things on there and do them. I mean it really brought us together, and it's fun to do them together." Shauna says.

"Thank you. I'll talk to him tonight about it." I say with a small- hopeful- smile.

******

"Tobias! I'm home!" I call out, and get no response. Which lately, I've gotten used to.

I drop the keys on the kitchen counter and head into the bedroom.

"Hey babe." I say to Tobias, who's resting on the bed, on his phone.

He looks up from the screen and gives me a small smile. "Hey. How was Shauna and Zeke's?" He asks, turning his phone off and setting it on the nightstand.

"Good. Zeke was asleep the whole time, but it was nice to talk with Shauna." I tell him, putting my purse and shoes in the closet.

"How's Opal?" "Absolutely adorable, as always." I say with a smile, thinking back to the her chubby little cheeks and tiny toes.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something." I tell Tobias, sitting on my side of the bed beside him.

"Hm?"

"What's something that you've always wanted to do?" I ask and he gives me a confused face.

"What?" "What's something you've always wanted to do, like what's on your bucket list?" I ask again.

"So what's something I want to do before I die?" Tobias asks making me laugh softly.

"If you want to put it that way."

"Oh, I don't know." "Come on, there's got to be something." I push.

Tobias thinks for a moment, then looks to me.

"I've always wanted to visit the west coast, like somewhere in California. And go to the beach and watch the sunset there with you I guess." He answers making a warm smile appear on my face.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because you deserve to do something that you've wanted to do. Especially now." I tell him.

"Well what about you? What's on your bucket list??" Tobias asks, his dark blue eyes sparkling in the light of the room.

"This isn't about me, it's about you. Now come help me get plane tickets." I say bouncing off the bed and running out of the room.

As I do so, I hear Tobias laugh. A genuine laugh; something I haven't heard for such a long time.

A/N: Hey all! New update, yay! Hope it's okay and I know its short but at least it's something. Anything you want to see them do or places you want them to visit when they go to California just comment below! :) Luv to all!❤️