Chapter 20~ Hospital Happiness

Tris's POV

I wake to Tobias shaking my shoulder and calling my name.

"What?" I ask yawning and sitting up, stiff from laying on the hospital couch.

"Shauna's awake and we can see her." Tobias says and I get up fast. "What did the doctors say? Is she okay?" I ask as we walk, our hands lacing together- out of habit.

"Better than okay." Tobias says with a soft smile. Shauna was always like a sister to Tobias, so seeing her suffer made him feel something deep.

We reach her room and what I see makes my heart melt. Zeke crouched next to Shauna's bedside, and Opal sleeping in Shauna's arms.

"Hi guys." I say as we enter. They look up and the smiles they had before grow.

"How are you feeling?" I ask walking to her. "I'm great. And this little angel is just as good." Shauna says, staring lovingly at her daughter.

"You all are a beautiful family." I comment, and I feel Tobias's arms wrap around my waist.

"We'll have that one day." He whispers in my ear, making me nervous but also excited for what lies ahead.

"Shauna?" I hear Zeke ask, making me snap out of my own thoughts.

"Hm?" She asks, not taking her eyes off her baby girl.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks and I have to keep myself from squealing. As I see him kneeling on one knee.

Shauna turns her head and her mouth gapes open. "I love you. I love our daughter. And I want to live the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" Zeke asks, and you can see his hands slightly shaking.

"Yes." Shauna cries, tears forming in her eyes.

Zeke gets up and slips the small diamond ring, with rubies along the outside onto her finger. Then kissing her passionately, making me turn.

"That will be us too." Tobias says and I look up into his eyes.

"You really think so?" I ask. My voice feeling small and fragile.

"Of course I do. I want you in my life, for as long as I can have you." Tobias says before leaning down to kiss me.

A/N: Hey all! Sorry for such a short chapter! I knew I needed to update and was having a hard time writing this... hopefully it's somewhat okay. Happy thanksgiving... to those who celebrate it! I'll have a longer chapter next time! Luv to all!❤️