Chapter 6

Picture of Katelyn up top -------->>>

Three years later...

It's been over three years since I've had my baby girl Katelyn. The day she was born was the happiest day of my life. When I looked into her gray eyes it's like i'm starring into her father's, the only thing she inherited from me was her pink lips. I forgot everything about Maleek's rejection since the day my angel was born. Katie is my number one priority and the most important person in my life.

After the birth of my daughter I fulfilled my dream of becoming a doctor. We moved to miami where we currently live. I worked during the day when Katie is at preschool and spend the rest of the day with her. Two years after I started working I was able to buy my own house in a gated community. When I just bought my house I was amazed at how beautiful it is. It consist of four rooms, four and a half bathrooms, a huge kitchen a porch a living room, a dining room and a pool on the roof top. Being able to provide for my little girl without the help of my parents makes me proud of my self.

Since the day I left my home i've never gone back, i'm scared that if I go back Maleek would find out about Katie and he might reject her. My parents visits us very often especially my mom. Katie loves her very much and would cry when ever she leaves. A few months after I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Sash gave birth to her bundle of joy Savannah. Sash and Savie visits us regularly and for that I was grateful. Nathan knows nothing about Katie and I thank the moon goddest for that. The girls are best friends and would do everything together when ever they are around each other. Two days from now Katie will be turning four and I have decided to throw her a party at my parents house. Ever since I told her that we were going to visit Savie, she has been excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon princess, it's time to go. If we don't leave now we're gonna be late to go visit Savie." I told Katie as I took our suitcases to the front door.

"But mama I can't find my bear bear." She said as a tear slipped from her eye.

"Oh pumpkin, don't cry your bear bear is in your suitcase." I said as I stooped down to her level and wiped her tear. She ran to her suitcase opened it and took our her favorite stuffed toy.

"Mommy let's go.." She said as she opened the front door. I smiled at her and took our suitcases outside and into the trunk of the car. I opened the passengers side of the car and strapped Katie in her car seat. I went over to the driver's side and started the car.

"Mommy. How why does Cloe and Lacie has a mommy and a daddy and I only have a mommy?" I heard Katie asked out of the blue. For a three year old, she was very smart and talks way better than any other child her age. I sat with my mouth wide open not knowing what to really say.

I turned and looked at my daughter and gave her a smile. "Well sweetheart, everyone has a mommy and a daddy but sometimes things happens which cause them to be apart." I said as a tear slipped from my eye. Not wanting her to see me cry I turned around and wiped the tear from my eye. I handed her her tablet and drove off to the airport.

"Ok mommy, but where is my daddy?" She asked as she played on her tablet. My heart began to race as I contemplated on the question my three year old daughter just asked me.

'She deserves to know.' Amber said.

'She's too young Amber. She's still a baby, she won't understand.' I said trying to argue with her.

'He's our mate and her father.' She said.

'I know but i'll tell her when the time is right.' I said to her as I blocked our link.