Chapter 8

Nevaeh

My hearts stopped as I stood up and starred at the one I once called mate.

'I told you he was here.' Amber said in excitement.

'I didn't want to believe you.' I said to her. ' Why does he have to come here. Things were so easier without him around.' I said.

'Look he's our mate. It's time we forgive him. Give him a second chance.' She said with hope.

'I will not! He doesn't deserve us. I will not let him in our lives!' I screamed at her as I blocked our link.

"Nevaeh, where have you been? I've been searching all over for you." He said as he stared at me.

"It's none of your business." I said to him.

"What do you mean it's none of my business! You are my mate!" He said in a loud tone while getting angry. All the remaining guest starred at us like we were going crazy.

"Correction. You were my mate and don't you dear speak to me like you care!" I fried back at him. "Look, I don't have the time and energy to deal with you." I said as I looked away from him. As he was about to say something Katelyn walked over to me.

"Mommy, my tummy hurts." She said with tears in her eyes as she held her stomach.

"Oh sweet heart I think it's because you had all that cake and ice-cream." I said as I took her in my arms. I looked up at Maleek and I saw him staring at me like he has seen a ghost.

"Y-y-you have a daughter?" He asked in surprise.

"Yes I do. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to get my daughter some medicine for her tummy ache." I said as I turned and went straight into the kitchen. I sat Katelyn on a stool as I searched through the medicine kit and saw some pepto-bismol. I turned around to where Katie was and saw Maleek staring at her.

"Is she mine?" He asked as he diverted his eyes to me. I stood there stunned not knowing what say.

"Nevaeh, is she mine?!" He shouted in anger. I shook my head saying yes as I hang my head low. He growled in anger at me. Katie jumped off the stool and ran into my arms and buried her face in my neck. He immediately stopped growling when he saw how scared Katelyn was.

"Mommy i'm scared." She whispered into my ear as she held on to me with all her strength and buried her head into my neck.

"Thanks alot Sherlock." I said to him as I tried to calm her down. He walked over to where we were and mouthed a sorry to me.

"I'm sorry for scaring you princess." He said as he looked at her. "Can we be friends?" He asked her.

"No. My mommy told me not to talk to strangers." She said as she held her head up and looked at me. I look at him and saw a frown on his face.

"It's ok sweetheart, you can talk to him. He's my friend." I said reassuring her that it was ok to talk to him. She nod her head and gave him a smile.

"What's you name?" He asked with a smile.

"My name is Katelyn Ariana Tate." She said with her head held high. Maleek looked at me with a smile and I turned my head away from him.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl." He said to her.

"I'm not little. Today I turned this many." She said as she held four fingers up. He chucked and shook his head.

"So you're the birthday girl." He said. "Did you enjoy your party?" He asked her.

"Yes! It was fun!" She said with a squeal. "What's your name?" She asked as she wiggle out of my arms. She walked over to him and he took her in his arms.