Chapter 10

Picture of Nathan up top----->>>>

Maleek's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling excited about my day out with my daughter. "My daughter. I like the sound of that." I thought to myself with a smile.

I got off my bed and head for the bathroom. I took my shower, got dressed in a simple jeans and t-shirt. I went down stairs and into the kitchen where I saw my mother cooking.

"Good morning mom." I said as I walked over to her hugged her and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Morning son. I see your in a good mood today." She said as she looked at me.

"Actually I am. I'm going to spend the day with my daughter. To know her better." I said to her as I sat on a stool around the counter and she placed a plate of pancakes and eggs infront of me.

"That's good son. I can't believe I have a grand daughter! I'm going to spoil her." My mother said with a squeal. "When am I going to meet her?" She asked.

"Soon mom. You'll see her soon." I said with a smile. I was happy my mom was happy and I really hoped that Nevaeh will give me a second chance. My mother was serious when she said I wouldn't like what she would do to me if my mate and daughter is not home within the next month. I don't want to find out what that would be. My mother is a no nonsense person and I know she would be really hard on me.

"So what's her name?" She asked.

"Katelyn. Her name is Katelyn." I replied with a smile.

"Wow..Such a beautiful name." She said.

"She is beautiful mom. She looks just like you. You're going to love her mom." I said with a smile.

"I can't wait to meet her. What time will you be picking her up?" Mom asked.

"At 10." I said as I looked at my watch. It was 9:30 and I didn't want to be late for my date with my daughter. "I'm gonna get going. I don't want to be late." I told my mom as she hugged me and waved good bye.

I walked towards the front door when Justin my second in command walked up to me.

"Maleek, alpha Liam from the Blood moon pack is here for our meeting." He said.

"Shit. I totally forgot about that meeting. You Nathan and my dad will have to do this meeting without me. I have other plans and I can't cancel it." I said as he bowed his head in respect and walked away. I took out my phone and searched for Nevaeh's number as I walked to my car.

******texting*****

Me: 'Hey.'

Nevaeh: 'Hey.'

Me: 'I'm on my way.'

Nevaeh: 'Who is this?'

Me: 'Your mate.'

Nevaeh: 'I don't have a mate and how did you get my number?'

Me: 'I have my ways.'

Nevaeh: 'Look if you know what's good for you, you'd delete it.'

Me: 'Nevaeh, I don't want to fight with you. I'm just coming to get my daughter.'

Nevaeh: 'Fine!'

****end text****

I got in my car and I drove off. Ten minutes later, I arrived at Nevaeh's house. I rang the door bell and she answered. She turned to walk away from me and I held her wrist and spun her around. She looked at me with no sign of emotion.